Terms of Service
Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing or using the Website. By accessing or using any part of the web site, you agree to become bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the Website or use any services. If these terms and conditions are considered an offer by The Online Slang Dictionary, acceptance is expressly limited to these terms. The Website is available only to individuals who are at least 13 years old.
- Your OnlineSlangDictionary.com Account. If you create an account on the Website, you are responsible for maintaining the security of your account, and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under the account and any other actions taken in connection with the account. You must immediately notify The Online Slang Dictionary of any unauthorized uses of your account or any other breaches of security. The Online Slang Dictionary will not be liable for any acts or omissions by You, including any damages of any kind incurred as a result of such acts or omissions.
- Responsibility of Contributors. If you
post material to the Website,
or otherwise make (or allow any third party to make) material available by
means of the Website (any such material, "Content"), You are entirely
responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content.
That is the case regardless of whether the Content in question constitutes
text, graphics, or an audio file. By making Content
available, you represent and warrant that:
- the downloading, copying and use of the Content will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark or trade secret rights, of any third party;
- if your employer has rights to intellectual property you create, you have either (i) received permission from your employer to post or make available the Content, including but not limited to text, or (ii) secured from your employer a waiver as to all rights in or to the Content;
- you have fully complied with any third-party licenses relating to the Content, and have done all things necessary to successfully pass through to end users any required terms;
- the Content does not contain or install any viruses, worms, malware, Trojan horses or other harmful or destructive content;
- the Content is not spam, is not machine- or randomly- generated, and does not contain unethical or unwanted commercial content designed to drive traffic to third party sites or boost the search engine rankings of third party sites, or to further unlawful acts (such as phishing) or mislead recipients as to the source of the material (such as spoofing);
- the Content is not libelous or defamatory, does not contain threats or incite violence towards individuals or entities, and does not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party;
- your account is not named in a manner that misleads your readers into thinking that you are another person or company. For example, your account's name is not the name of a person other than yourself or company other than your own.
By submitting Content to The Online Slang Dictionary, you grant The Online Slang Dictionary a world-wide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, modify, adapt and publish the Content.
Without limiting any of those representations or warranties, The Online Slang Dictionary has the right (though not the obligation) to, in The Online Slang Dictionary's sole discretion (i) refuse or remove any content that, in The Online Slang Dictionary's reasonable opinion, violates any The Online Slang Dictionary policy or is in any way harmful or objectionable, or (ii) terminate or deny access to and use of the Website to any individual or entity for any reason, in The Online Slang Dictionary's sole discretion. The Online Slang Dictionary will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid.
- Responsibility of Website Visitors. The Online Slang Dictionary has not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material posted to the Website, and cannot therefore be responsible for that material's content, use or effects. By operating the Website, The Online Slang Dictionary does not represent or imply that it endorses the material there posted, or that it believes such material to be accurate, useful or non-harmful. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. The Website may contain content that is offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable, as well as content containing technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, and other errors. The Website may also contain material that violates the privacy or publicity rights, or infringes the intellectual property and other proprietary rights, of third parties, or the downloading, copying or use of which is subject to additional terms and conditions, stated or unstated. The Online Slang Dictionary disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from the use by visitors of the Website, or from any downloading by those visitors of content there posted.
- Content Posted on Other Websites. We have not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material made available through the websites and webpages to which OnlineSlangDictionary.com links, and that link to OnlineSlangDictionary.com. The Online Slang Dictionary does not have any control over those non-The Online Slang Dictionary websites and webpages, and is not responsible for their contents or their use. By linking to a non-The Online Slang Dictionary website or webpage, The Online Slang Dictionary does not represent or imply that it endorses such website or webpage. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. The Online Slang Dictionary disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from your use of non-The Online Slang Dictionary websites and webpages.
- Copyright Infringement and DMCA Policy. As The Online Slang Dictionary asks others to respect its intellectual property rights, it respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that material located on or linked to by OnlineSlangDictionary.com violates your copyright, you are encouraged to notify The Online Slang Dictionary at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Online Slang Dictionary will respond to all such notices, including as required or appropriate by removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material. In the case of a visitor who may infringe or repeatedly infringes the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of The Online Slang Dictionary or others, The Online Slang Dictionary may, in its discretion, terminate or deny access to and use of the Website. In the case of such termination, The Online Slang Dictionary will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid to The Online Slang Dictionary.
- Intellectual Property. This Agreement does not transfer from The Online Slang Dictionary to you any The Online Slang Dictionary or third party intellectual property, and all right, title and interest in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with The Online Slang Dictionary. The Online Slang Dictionary, OnlineSlangDictionary.com, the Online Slang Dictionary logo, and all other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with OnlineSlangDictionary.com, or the Website are trademarks or registered trademarks of The Online Slang Dictionary or The Online Slang Dictionary's licensors. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with the Website may be the trademarks of other third parties. Your use of the Website grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any The Online Slang Dictionary or third-party trademarks.
- Changes. The Online Slang Dictionary reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace any part of this Agreement. It is your responsibility to check this Agreement periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the Website following the posting of any changes to this Agreement constitutes acceptance of those changes. The Online Slang Dictionary may also, in the future, offer new services and/or features through the Website (including, the release of new tools and resources). Such new features and/or services shall be subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- Termination. The Online Slang Dictionary may terminate your access to all or any part of the Website at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. If you wish to terminate this Agreement or your OnlineSlangDictionary.com account (if you have one), you may simply discontinue using the Website. The Online Slang Dictionary can terminate the Website immediately as part of a general shut down of our service. All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
- Disclaimer of Warranties. The Website is provided "as is". The Online Slang Dictionary and its suppliers and licensors hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Neither The Online Slang Dictionary nor its suppliers and licensors, makes any warranty that the Website will be error free or that access thereto will be continuous or uninterrupted. You understand that you download from, or otherwise obtain content or services through, the Website at your own discretion and risk.
- Limitation of Liability. In no event will The Online Slang Dictionary, or its suppliers or licensors, be liable with respect to any subject matter of this agreement under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory for: (i) any special, incidental or consequential damages; (ii) the cost of procurement or substitute products or services; or (iii) for interruption of use or loss or corruption of data. The Online Slang Dictionary shall have no liability for any failure or delay due to matters beyond their reasonable control. The foregoing shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
- Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless The Online Slang Dictionary, its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys' fees, arising out of your use of the Website, including but not limited to out of your violation this Agreement.
- Miscellaneous. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between The Online Slang Dictionary and you concerning the subject matter hereof, and they may only be modified by a written amendment signed by an authorized executive of The Online Slang Dictionary, or by the posting by The Online Slang Dictionary of a revised version. Except to the extent applicable law, if any, provides otherwise, this Agreement, any access to or use of the Website will be governed by the laws of the state of California, U.S.A., and the proper venue for any disputes arising out of or relating to any of the same will be the state and federal courts located in Sacramento County, California. If any part of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that part will be construed to reflect the parties' original intent, and the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. A waiver by either party of any term or condition of this Agreement or any breach thereof, in any one instance, will not waive such term or condition or any subsequent breach thereof. You may assign your rights under this Agreement to any party that consents to, and agrees to be bound by, its terms and conditions; The Online Slang Dictionary may assign its rights under this Agreement without condition. This Agreement will be binding upon and will inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.