Browsing page 1 of new words for August 11, 2002
- Throwdown (one word).
A cheap, unregistered firearm rumoured to be carried (sometimes unlawfully) by police officers. The firearm is thrown down next to a body in the case of a wrongful shooting of a citizen, so as to give the impression that the victim had been armed at the time.
- to fight.
Look, they're about to throw down!
- See more words with the same meaning: to attack, to fight.
- to party.
I'm having a party tonight. Come over and throw down with us.
- See more words with the same meaning: to party, have fun.
- to dunk (a basketball).
Did you see that Kobe Bryant throw down on ESPN, last night?
- See more words with the same meaning: sports (related to).
verb - ambitransitive
- to give a portion of the money necessary to purchase something.
Are you going to throw down for gas?
- to contribute, along with others, a substance for group enjoyment.
I'll throw down on that blunt.
- See more words with the same meaning: to give.
verb - transitive
|+||Add a definition for this slang term|