You may have seen in the news that Google is researching methods to censor the web.
Google's censorship is nothing new: they've been censoring this site for nearly 7 years.
And lying about it. You can read
more about Google's censorship here
Browsing page 1 of new words for September 8, 2003
verb - transitive
- to forbid someone from purchasing more alcohol at a bar, pub, club, or other public venue. Performed by the bartender or other staff.
You've had too much to drink, so I'm cutting you off.
I can't buy you a drink, because the bartender cut me off.
Citation from "Anger", Wilfred (US TV), Season 1 Episode 8 (2011) censored in hope of resolving Google's penalty against this site.
Last edited on Oct 25 2011. Submitted by Elizabeth H. from Cumberland, BC, Canada
on May 25 1998.
- in a vehicle, to pull directly in front of another vehicle.
That car cut us off, so I had to swerve.
Last edited on Oct 25 2011. Submitted by Charles B. from Westminster, CO, USA
on Jun 17 1999.
- to forbid someone from consuming more food, drink, or drug.
You've enough coke - I think I'm going to cut you off.
Last edited on Nov 30 2010. Submitted by Anonymous
on Oct 01 2001.
- to interrupt power to a mechanical or electrical device; TURN OFF.
I'm going to cut off the computer during this electrical storm.
Last edited on Nov 30 2010. Submitted by Marsha
on Sep 08 2003.
- to withdraw monetary support, e.g. from a misbehaving son or daughter.
Citation from "Smoked", Lie To Me (TV, 2010), Season 3 Episode 8 censored in hope of resolving Google's penalty against this site.
Citation from "Stan Knows Best", American Dad (TV), Season 1 Episode 3 (2005) censored in hope of resolving Google's penalty against this site.
Last edited on Nov 03 2011. Submitted by Walter Rader (Editor) from Sacramento, CA, USA
on Nov 30 2010.