Browsing page 1 of new words for September 13, 2008
- fine, good, okay.
Hey, I'm five by five, but you need to chill out.
I'm five-by-five as always.
- See more words with the same meaning: good, okay, cool, awesome, fun.
- with everything prepared, in order.
Person 1: Do we have everything we need for the party tonight?
Person 2: Yeah, we're five by five.
Citation from "All the Right Friends", Covert Affairs (TV), Season 2 Episode 4 (2011) blacked out to resolve Google's penalty against this site.
- See more words with the same meaning: ready, prepared.
- Popularized in the late 1990s - early 2000s by the TV program Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
- The term comes from analog radio communications. A radio sender would ask a receiver to rate his radio signal. Two numbers were used, the first representing signal strength and the second representing signal clarity. Each were on a scale of 1 to 5. "5 by 5" then is the highest signal strength and the best quality.
|+||Add a definition for this slang term|