To resolve Google's penalty against this site (still active after 440 days) I've been forced to censor all 5,300 citations of slang use. With the penalty in place, there's just no way to compete on a level playing field with dictionaries that don't have citations. Guys: I'm sorry. – Walter (editor)
Browsing page 1 of new words for November 19, 2008
- to overcome, to conquer.
Dude, I totally tanked that quantum mechanics test.If used reflexively, may take on opposite meaning, as in:
Dude, that quantum mechanics test has me so tanked.
- go belly up, go bankrupt.
His regime will tank soon.
- came to an end
His career tanked.
- a person who goes for long periods at a time, such as perhaps a race.
- being really good at something or really cool in some way shape or form.
- a large, solidly built motor vehicle.
Do you still drive that old tank?
- See more words with the same meaning: car, motorcycle, or other vehicle.
- to fail.
I completely tanked my interview yesterday.
verb - transitive
- to cause something to fail.
Citation from "The Best Christmas Story Never Told", American Dad! (TV), Season 2 Episode 9 (2006) blacked out to resolve Google's penalty against this site.
|+||Add a definition for this slang term|