You may have seen in the news that Google is researching methods to censor the web.
Google's censorship is nothing new: they've been censoring this site for nearly 7 years.
And lying about it. You can read
more about Google's censorship here
Browsing page 1 of new words for March 5, 2009
- defecation causing extreme pain, and audible growling sounds.
After eating that Mexican food, I took a serious growler.
Last edited on Mar 09 2014. Submitted by Petey E. from Omaha, NE, USA
on Jun 16 1999.
Your dad has a nasty growler.
- See more words with the same meaning: anus.
Last edited on Apr 30 2013. Submitted by Nicholas L.
on Aug 01 2005.
- a well-used or diseased vagina.
That chick had a real nasty growler.
Last edited on Mar 12 2011. Submitted by Glenn H. from Vancouver, BC, Canada
on Mar 05 2009.
- a half US gallon glass jug that contains beer.
- See more words with the same meaning: alcohol.
Last edited on Mar 07 2011. Submitted by Walter Rader (Editor) from Sacramento, CA, USA
on Mar 07 2011.
- In the UK, a low quality pork or other pie
Last edited on Mar 01 2017. Submitted by Anonymous
on Mar 01 2017.
- to regulate, often by force.
The party started to get out of hand, so we had to put the smack down.
Last edited on Sep 09 1998. Submitted by Anonymous from Boston, MA, USA
on Sep 09 1998.
- to inflict harm upon; BEAT UP.
I'm gonna put the smack down on that biotch.
Last edited on May 16 2011. Submitted by Jarett C. from New York, NY, USA
on Dec 17 1999.
- to get serious, to 'stop playing around' and put full force and focus behind intent.
'Smack' is slang for heroin. To 'put the smack down' implies that the speaker has been in a detached, recreational, or mind-altered state up to the point of the statement, but is now setting that aside to apply their direct attention and capability.
It also implies that the speaker had underestimated the subject of the statement, but will discontinue their underevaluation, and intends to force the subject to reform their own evaluation of the speaker.
All previous examples apply here.
He thought he could try me, so I had to put the smack down to show him out.
I heard sirens on my street, so I had to put the smack down to check out what was going on.
Last edited on Sep 02 2015. Submitted by enkephalin07 from New Orleans, LA, USA
on Sep 02 2015.
- a break in the workday when employees gather to ingest drugs.
There is going to be a safety meeting in 5 minutes.
Last edited on Apr 19 1998. Submitted by Scott Breginev from Napa, CA, USA
on Apr 19 1998.
- a gathering at work for social purposes. A play on actual "safety meetings" in which workplace safety is discussed, these are "safety meetings" because, as no one is doing anything, no one can get hurt.
Last edited on Aug 18 2002. Submitted by Chris C. from Saskatoon, SK, Canada
on Aug 18 2002.
- a serious meeting between contractors, consultants and clients to discuss health and safely matters.
Last edited on Mar 05 2009. Submitted by Sheriff H. from Dubai, United Arab Emirates
on Mar 05 2009.
- People gathering to smoke marijuana together "Let's go have a safety meeting"?
Last edited on Apr 11 2018. Submitted by Boston Bobbi
on Apr 11 2018.