To resolve Google's penalty against this site (still active after 437 days) I've been forced to censor all 5,300 citations of slang use. With the penalty in place, there's just no way to compete on a level playing field with dictionaries that don't have citations. Guys: I'm sorry. – Walter (editor)
Browsing page 1 of new words for March 15, 2009
- a fraudulent business scheme; "swindle".
My parents lost their retirement in some internet scam.
- See more words with the same meaning: to take advantage of, cheat, trick.
verb - intransitive
- to kiss passionately; "make out". Does not usually apply to sexual intercourse, but can, depending on context.
They were scamming in the back seat of his car.
- See more words with the same meaning: kissing, make out.
- See more words with the same meaning: sex or not-quite-sex (ambiguous terms).
- to flirt.
Damn girl! Stop scammin' wit all the guys!
- See more words with the same meaning: flirting, hit on, pimp, player, wing-man.
verb - transitive
- to acquire via underhanded means.
I gotta scam some money before Christmas.
- to defraud; "swindle".
Citation from "The Fight", Parks and Recreation (TV), Season 3 Episode 13 (2011) blacked out to resolve Google's penalty against this site.
|+||Add a definition for this slang term|