- a five pound note. Origin: Cockney rhyming slang. "Five" rhymes with "Jack's alive".
- See more words with the same meaning: money.
Last edited on Apr 19 2013. Submitted by D. Fisher from London, Greater London, UK
on Jun 01 1997.
- nothing, very little.
You don't know jack!
- See more words with the same meaning: nothing.
Last edited on Oct 27 1997. Submitted by Sue Clark from St Louis, MO, USA
on Oct 27 1997.
- a sweet, sensitive, adorable guy. Origin: Jack Dawson, the main male character in the movie Titanic.
He's a real Jack.
Last edited on Feb 19 1998. Submitted by Anonymous
on Feb 19 1998.
- a cigarette.
Hey, could I get a jack?
Last edited on May 19 1998. Submitted by Aubrey Harrington from MD, USA
on May 19 1998.
- a police officer.
The jacks pulled me over for no reason.
Last edited on Jul 30 1998. Submitted by Jason W. from Melbourne, VIC, Australia
on Jul 30 1998.
- shortened form of jack-ass or a jack-off - a general insult.
He's a dumb jack!
Last edited on Nov 09 1998. Submitted by Lindsay F. from OH, USA
on Nov 09 1998.
Yo, go grab my jack from off the bed.
Last edited on Aug 20 2012. Submitted by Anonymous
on Jun 11 2012.