Definition of hoopie
- A person who listens to "classic rock" (late 60s through 70s). Usually wear denim, boots. Often found living in the hinterland of a major city.
That club was full of hoopies.
- Also used to describe extremely stupid people or people that are dressed weird or that are dressed lazily.
She is dressed like a hoopie today she don't mach at all.
- A generally dirty person from the country or the south. Someone who is mismatched.
Dang the lights where out to day so I dressed in the dark and MAN do I look like a hoopie.
- Hoopie was a slang name for the young men who worked for barrel making shops, called cooperages. The hoopies made the metal bands that went around the barrels. Many of these barrels were made for shipping in the pottery industry to be able to ship china via the railroads. It was a low skilled job, thus the slang use for someone not exceptionally following the norm.
- Old car usually driven up to and around camp. I'm taking the hoopie to town
|+||Add a definition for this slang term|
Slang terms with the same meaning
Slang terms with the same root words
None. How about some random words?
|Definitions include: to pay slack out from a winch, to cut a person some slack.|
|Definitions include: an emphatic and comprehensive win.|
|Definitions include: eyeglasses.|
|Definitions include: Spelling variant of sheisty.|
|Definitions include: "until".|
|Definitions include: a nobleperson or aristocrat.|
|Definitions include: the pursuit of money.|
|Definitions include: vagina|
|Definitions include: an impressive.|
|Definitions include: an awesome kisser.|
|I use it||(20)|
|No longer use it||(0)|
|Heard it but never used it||(1)|
|Have never heard it||(16)|
Average of 14 votes: 26% (See the most vulgar words.)
Your vote: None (To vote, click the pepper. Vote how vulgar the word is – not how mean it is.)
To link to this term in a web page or blog, insert the following.
To link to this term in a wiki such as Wikipedia, insert the following.
Some wikis use a different format for links, so be sure to check the documentation.