Browsing page 1 of words meaning to halt (1 word total)
The slang words in this thesaurus category appear below the table of contents.
Where does this category appear in the slang thesaurus?
- to go, leave, move, start, stop, halt
- To expand these results, click one of the above categories.
- to halt
- There are no categories underneath this one.
What slang words have this meaning?
The definitions of these slang words appear below the list.
Full definitions of all the slang words listed above:
- to call someone to halt, particularly when the intention is to rob. Usually used in reference to Australian bushrangers. Possible origin: to place a cow in bails prior to milking.
He tried to bail up a traveller en route to the diggings.
- See more words with the same meaning: to halt.
|+||Add a definition for this slang term|