Browsing page 2 of words meaning to reject, ignore (20 words total)
The location of this category within the thesaurus is shown on page 1 of this category.
The list of all slang words with this meaning is shown on page 1 of this category.
Full definitions of all the slang words listed above:
- Rejection of a request or an advance, most commonly in the romantic context. Derived from the stiff-arm pose portrayed by the college football Heisman Trophy.
I asked her for her number but she gave me the Heisman.
Last edited on May 16 2011. Submitted by J.P. Xenakis from Red Bank, NJ, USA
on Feb 03 2003.
- An event that signifies rejection from the opposite sex. The Heisman' relates to college football's Heisman trophy that shows a football player with his arm extended in a stiff arm position.
Joe was trying to get Kim's phone number and got the Heisman.
Last edited on May 16 2011. Submitted by JT from Naples, FL, USA
on Nov 20 2007.
- a penis.
Wow, he's got a big shaft.
- See more words with the same meaning: penis.
Last edited on May 03 2013. Submitted by Emily M. from UC Berkeley, Berkeley, CA, USA
on Jan 22 1999.
verb - transitive
- to steal.
He shafted my pen.
- See more words with the same meaning: to steal.
Last edited on Mar 11 1998. Submitted by Jacki S. from Kimball, MN, USA
on Mar 11 1998.
- to take advantage of; "screw"; "con".
Steve got shafted by his teacher.
Last edited on Jan 31 2012. Submitted by Jonathan H. from Seekonk, MA, USA
on May 31 1998.
- to reject or insult someone.
I got shafted last night.
Last edited on Sep 22 1998. Submitted by Tommi R. from New York, NY, USA
on Sep 22 1998.
- Absolutely do not ignore as one would do if sleeping. Usually used as "Don't sleep on it."
Don't sleep on the new 50 Cent joint.
Last edited on Jan 27 2003. Submitted by J da Headbanga from Baltimore, MD, USA
on Jan 27 2003.
- to sleep through the nite before making a big decision.
Citation from "Sacrifice", Wilfred (US TV), Season 1 Episode 12 (2011) censored in hope of resolving Google's penalty against this site.
Last edited on Oct 25 2011. Submitted by Walter Rader (Editor) from Sacramento, CA, USA
on Oct 25 2011.