- strange, stupid; "weird".
Don't worry about Eric, he's just ate up.
Last edited on Jun 05 2013. Submitted by Pekka Pennanen from Finland
on Jun 21 1997.
- not "squared away" (i.e. not organized or prepared: a mess.) If someone does something poorly, they're "ate up." Origin: the United States military. In the example phrase, "soup sandwich" is an example of something messy. Note: eight up may be the correct spelling.
You're all ate up like a soup sandwich!
- See more words with the same meaning: a mess.
Last edited on Mar 26 1998. Submitted by Nate Marx from Manassas, VA, USA
on Mar 26 1998.
- burnt out or exhausted from the use of illegal drugs, usually Ecstasy (MDMA).
He's really ate up from the rave last night.
Last edited on Apr 17 1998. Submitted by Maestro from Newark, DE, USA
on Apr 17 1998.
- outdone or outperformed in a contest, such as a sporting event.
Man, you got ate up by that move.
Last edited on Dec 22 1999. Submitted by Kevin Kronfeld from Cedar Rapids, IA, USA
on Dec 22 1999.
- crazy; insane.
Last edited on Mar 12 2002. Submitted by tiffany from Anderson, IN, USA
on Mar 12 2002.
- interested, to the point of near obsession.
He's ate up about the military.
Last edited on Jul 24 2007. Submitted by Anonymous
on Jul 24 2007.
- to be consumed with an incurable illness.
Mabel is ate up with the cancer.
- See more words with the same meaning: sick, ill.
Last edited on Nov 21 2008. Submitted by G. R.
on Nov 21 2008.