Browsing page 1 of words meaning a mess (19 words total)
The slang words in this thesaurus category appear below the table of contents.
Where does this category appear in the slang thesaurus?
- To expand these results, click one of the above categories.
- a mess
This category is also filed under:
What slang words have this meaning?
The definitions of these slang words appear below the list.
Full definitions of all the slang words listed above:
- strange, stupid; "weird".
Don't worry about Eric, he's just ate up.
Last edited on Apr 02 2013. Submitted by Pekka Pennanen from Finland
on Jun 21 1997.
- not "squared away" (i.e. not organized or prepared: a mess.) If someone does something poorly, they're "ate up." Origin: the United States military. In the example phrase, "soup sandwich" is an example of something messy. Note: eight up may be the correct spelling.
You're all ate up like a soup sandwich!
- See more words with the same meaning: a mess.
Last edited on Mar 26 1998. Submitted by Nate Marx from Manassas, VA, USA
on Mar 26 1998.
- burnt out or exhausted from the use of illegal drugs, usually Ecstasy (MDMA).
He's really ate up from the rave last night.
Last edited on Apr 17 1998. Submitted by Maestro from Newark, DE, USA
on Apr 17 1998.
- outdone or outperformed in a contest, such as a sporting event.
Man, you got ate up by that move.
Last edited on Dec 22 1999. Submitted by Kevin Kronfeld from Cedar Rapids, IA, USA
on Dec 22 1999.
- crazy; insane.
Last edited on Mar 12 2002. Submitted by tiffany from Anderson, IN, USA
on Mar 12 2002.
- interested, to the point of near obsession.
He's ate up about the military.
Last edited on Jul 24 2007. Submitted by Anonymous
on Jul 24 2007.
- to be consumed with an incurable illness.
Mabel is ate up with the cancer.
- See more words with the same meaning: sick, ill.
Last edited on Nov 21 2008. Submitted by G. R.
on Nov 21 2008.
- A mess, a really bad situation. I think it actually comes from a term used to describe it when the fishing nets on Alaskan boats get all tangled up.
What a clusterfuck!
Last edited on Jun 29 1998. Submitted by Karen from Seattle, WA, USA
on Jun 29 1998.
- a disturbance causing confusion; RUCKUS; COMMOTION.
The kid dropped the dishes and caused one big clusterfuck.
Last edited on Dec 03 1998. Submitted by Matt P. from Paden City, WV, USA
on Dec 03 1998.
- very messy, messed-up or disorganized.
After the party, my whole house is a clusterfuck.
Last edited on Nov 04 1999. Submitted by Betsy M. from Columbia, MO, USA
on Nov 04 1999.
- an ill-organized, clutter of equipment and people, all of which create a commotion. 2. an orgy.
This job site is a complete clusterfuck.
Last edited on Feb 24 2000. Submitted by Mark T. from Beebe, AR, USA
on Feb 24 2000.
- to get uptight 2. to get all confused.
Don't get all Cluster-fucked!
Last edited on Nov 07 2001. Submitted by steve m. from Shirland, IL, USA
on Nov 07 2001.
- Everything is going wrong. Full of confusion or uncertainty.
This whole situation is just a big clusterfuck.
Last edited on Dec 11 2001. Submitted by Adam S. from Mesquite, TX, USA
on Dec 11 2001.
- (n): When circumstances become so outrageously fucked-up (see fucked-up) that they cannot be repaired, fixed, ignored or blamed on someone else.
This engineering project has turned into a total cluster-fuck.
Last edited on Jan 09 2002. Submitted by Jeff M. from Austin, TX, USA
on Jan 09 2002.
- Used to describe a situation when multiple aspects of one project goes wrong.
The whole surgical procedure was one big clusterfuck.
Last edited on May 13 2011. Submitted by Josh V. from Wynantskill, NY, USA
on Aug 22 2002.
- the noun senses of "crap" are mostly a subset of the uses of "shit." See shit for those definitions.
Last edited on Oct 05 2011. Submitted by Emily M. from UC Berkeley, Berkeley, CA, USA
on Jan 13 1998.
noun - uncountable
verb - ambitransitive
- an unappealing location due to dirtiness or dilapidation.
Man, your house is a dump.
Last edited on Jun 13 2004. Submitted by Robert H. from Kingston, PA, USA
on Jun 13 2004.
Citation from "School Lies", American Dad (TV), Season 6 Episode 14 (2011) blacked out to resolve Google's penalty against this site.
Last edited on Jul 26 2011. Submitted by Walter Rader (Editor) from Sacramento, CA, USA
on Jul 26 2011.
- any place a person doesn't want to be.
Citation from "The Unusual Suspects", Alphas (TV), Season 1 Episode 10 (2011) blacked out to resolve Google's penalty against this site.
Last edited on Feb 22 2013. Submitted by Walter Rader (Editor) from Sacramento, CA, USA
on Feb 22 2013.
verb - intransitive
verb - transitive