To resolve Google's penalty
against this site
(still active after 437 days)
I've been forced to censor all 5,300 citations of slang use.
With the penalty in place, there's just no way to compete on a level playing field
with dictionaries that don't
have citations. Guys: I'm sorry.
Browsing page 1 of new words for August 29, 2011
- a playa who stays on top his game, never falling. A shot caller must keep his pockets fat to back up the game he kicks. There are a lot of wannabe be "shotcallers" but but only the true "shotcallers" have the balls it takes to survive on the streets.
That's you with that shotcallin' click huh?
Last edited on May 18 2011. Submitted by Wayne A. from Houston, TX, USA
on Jan 09 2000.
- the leader; boss.
Citation from "Kryptonite", New Girl (TV), Season 1 Episode 2 (2011) blacked out to resolve Google's penalty against this site.
Last edited on Oct 14 2011. Submitted by John B.
on Jun 18 2003.
- The one who calls the shots.
Boss baller, shot caller, should I call my Rottweiler.
Last edited on May 18 2011. Submitted by John B.
on Jun 18 2003.
- the leader of a gang.
Citation from "Stone Dead", Raines (TV), Season 1 Episode 4 (2007) blacked out to resolve Google's penalty against this site.
Last edited on Jan 05 2011. Submitted by Sal R. from Chino Hills, CA, USA
on Sep 25 2005.
- a Boss Playah or leader of a Gang.
The word is usually used when referring to a Big Money Making Pimp; Big Money Making Drug Dealer or a Big Money Making Hustler. The type of dude who makes millions on the streets illegally from either one or all of these means and has people working under him to run his business. For a pimp those people are his women or (Hoes) as their referred to, for a drug dealer those people are his Street Runners, for a hustler those are the people who help him commit his cons.
In the Mafia a "Don" is consider to be the "Shot Caller". He's already put in his time on the streets and has worked his way up to the top to become a (Made Man) thus he's usually no longer committing the moves on the streets but instead now has his goons do his dirty work for him.
In Prison a "Shot Caller" is the leader of a Gang who issues orders from prison to be committed on the streets such as drug deals, gun trafficking, tax collections on drug money, beat downs of fellow gang members and even the murders of rival gang bangers if necessary. These same rules apply to a mafia Don as well.
Last edited on Sep 03 2011. Submitted by The Last Don
on Aug 29 2011.
- Dead, implies natural causes.
He was pretty cool before he went tits up.
Last edited on Apr 20 2002. Submitted by Brad W. from Portland, OR, USA
on Apr 20 2002.
- To be broken, not working. (If your dog is on its back dead, her tits would be pointing up.)
My car is tits up.
Last edited on Jun 28 2011. Submitted by Matt R. from Bloomington, IL, USA
on Aug 27 2002.
- in reference to something that is broken or no longer functioning. Generally used in the presence of others who use similar language.
I'd be here sooner, but my car's tits up again.
Last edited on May 23 2003. Submitted by D. W. from Fort Leavenworth, Leavenworth, KS, USA
on May 23 2003.
- gone wrong.
It's all gone a bit tits up.
Last edited on Jun 28 2011. Submitted by Andi S. from England, AR, USA
on Jun 02 2003.
- Dead. Refers to laid out face up.
The radio is tits up.
Last edited on Jul 12 2005. Submitted by Larry K. from Lawrence, KS, USA
on Jul 12 2005.
- dead, defunct, out of order
The big corporate scandals started when Enron and Worldcom went tits-up.
Last edited on Apr 05 2004. Submitted by Evan R. from Wheaton, IL, USA
on Apr 05 2004.
- extremely good, excellent.
Wow, that race was tits up!
Last edited on Jul 26 2006. Submitted by Stephen F. from Jacksonville, FL, USA
on Jul 26 2006.
- Refers to a business going bankrupt. On a farm when an animal dies it bloats causing the legs to go up which in turn means the tits are pointing up.
Last edited on Jul 23 2012. Submitted by Anonymous
on Jul 23 2012.
Our plan didn't work. It all went tits up.
Last edited on May 31 2004. Submitted by Matthew R. from Blackpool, United Kingdom
on May 31 2004.
- This definition is questionable and is pending deletion. It will be saved from deletion if legitimate citations are found.
To take a nap or go to sleep. I'm awfully tired, I think I'm going tits up. I went tits up at about 9:00pm last night.
Last edited on Aug 29 2011. Submitted by Pat Sullivan from Kansas City, MO, USA
on Aug 29 2011.