Definition of cattywampus
- Misaligned, oblique, diagonal. See also "whopperjawed."
The accident left the frame on the car totally cattywampus.
- diagonally, obliquely, also askew, awry. (Also whopperjawed.)
We came cattywhompus over the field.
- when something appears off center. Also catawampus.
His glasses are cattywampus on his head.
- Askew, tilted, lopsided. LA SoCal area. I used this term since I was a child.
His glass were caddywampus on his head.
- Crooked or not level.
Those stairs are Caddywampus.
- banged up, as in an accident.
My glasses have been cattiewhompus ever since I fell.
- across diagonally from; "catty cornered".
Her house is cattiewhompus to mine.
- out of its usual state, screwed up.
Things have been cattiewhompus since they broke up.
- I suppose it's a southern expression.
That thang there is catty wampus. (regarding the straightness or fit of an item.)
- I have heard cattywhampus use as a synonym for Wampus Cat and Kittycorner or cattycorner used to mean diagonally or adjacent(touching on the corner as the red squares on a checker board) .
|+||Add a definition for this slang term|
Slang terms with the same meaning
Slang terms with the same root words
None. How about some random words?
|Definitions include: to punch or attack, typically with no prior warning.|
|Definitions include: ugly.|
|Definitions include: to be near failure or death.|
|Definitions include: good luck.|
|Definitions include: "mother".|
|Definitions include: to put an end to.|
|Definitions include: a woman considered wife material.|
|Definitions include: a twenty-five cent coin.|
|Definitions include: something that is not only displeasing, but also to indicate something is badly beat up or rough looking, or something that has seen better days...|
|Definitions include: acronym for bullshit.|
|I use it||(138)|
|No longer use it||(1)|
|Heard it but never used it||(28)|
|Have never heard it||(30)|
Average of 55 votes: 5% (See the most vulgar words.)
Your vote: None (To vote, click the pepper. Vote how vulgar the word is – not how mean it is.)
To link to this term in a web page or blog, insert the following.
To link to this term in a wiki such as Wikipedia, insert the following.
Some wikis use a different format for links, so be sure to check the documentation.