Definition of cattywampus
- Misaligned, oblique, diagonal. See also "whopperjawed."
The accident left the frame on the car totally cattywampus.
- diagonally, obliquely, also askew, awry. (Also whopperjawed.)
We came cattywhompus over the field.
- when something appears off center. Also catawampus.
His glasses are cattywampus on his head.
- Askew, tilted, lopsided. LA SoCal area. I used this term since I was a child.
His glass were caddywampus on his head.
- Crooked or not level.
Those stairs are Caddywampus.
- banged up, as in an accident.
My glasses have been cattiewhompus ever since I fell.
- across diagonally from; "catty cornered".
Her house is cattiewhompus to mine.
- out of its usual state, screwed up.
Things have been cattiewhompus since they broke up.
- I suppose it's a southern expression.
That thang there is catty wampus. (regarding the straightness or fit of an item.)
- I have heard cattywhampus use as a synonym for Wampus Cat and Kittycorner or cattycorner used to mean diagonally or adjacent(touching on the corner as the red squares on a checker board) .
|+||Add a definition for this slang term|
Slang terms with the same meaning
Slang terms with the same root words
None. How about some random words?
|Definitions include: to swallow a person's load - i.e. ejaculated semen.|
|Definitions include: a sycophant.|
|Definitions include: money earned or obtained illegally.|
|Definitions include: "posh".|
|Definitions include: a volunteer.|
|Definitions include: weird, strange, different, someone who acts stupid.|
|Definitions include: to defecate.|
|Definitions include: an apology.|
|Definitions include: broken; messed up; "fucked up".|
|Definitions include: Expression of disappointment, similar to 'bummer', though more forceful. 'Bummer' tends to be used when something unforeseen and unfortunate occurs. 'Rats', on the other hand tends to be used when you have been making a concerted effort to do something and it suddenly fails. You only use 'rats' about your own misfortune. You can use 'bummer' sympathetically also about someone else's misfortune.|
|I use it||(159)|
|No longer use it||(1)|
|Heard it but never used it||(31)|
|Have never heard it||(35)|
Average of 77 votes: 9% (See the most vulgar words.)
Your vote: None (To vote, click the pepper. Vote how vulgar the word is – not how mean it is.)
To link to this term in a web page or blog, insert the following.
To link to this term in a wiki such as Wikipedia, insert the following.
Some wikis use a different format for links, so be sure to check the documentation.