Definition of old-school
- old. Used when describing something you remember from a long time ago like in the 80's or early 90s.
Vanilla Ice... now that's old school if I ever saw it.
- To do something in a way that is more in line with traditional technique/style rather than modern or progressive style (such as rap music that emulates the style of the rap of the early 80s). Often used in the phrase, "kicking it old school."
Run DMC is still kicking it old school.
- Old fashioned, out of style, uncool. Opposite of "new school," which is hip, with it, in fashion.
Your car is old school.
- something that is really old.
Isn't this an old-school song?
- A self-referred term that older people use when trying to cover their inability and/or desire to keep up with modern learning and changes.
I don't text because I am "old-school".
- "Old-School" - A continually used term by all ages, to describe older tradition methods, used by everyone including the younger, hypocritical, gen Yhine gen, who reluctantly uses it because they are too busy whining about many other things, for them to come up with a new and unnecessary replacement term, -which had it been created, should have hopefully set them apart as the next new "cool" generation. Just as many terms/concepts are timeless, such as mini-skirts are always ever fashionable, or term "cool", the current, soon to be replaced gen, is still trying to find a meaningful contribution before hitting middle age.
Hey, man that iphone is pretty and shiny, but it's is so old-school because it's not awesome like my new HTC 3d phone.
|+||Add a definition for this slang term|
Slang terms with the same meaning
Slang terms with the same root words
Other terms relating to 'old':
|Definitions include: big, but not necessarily old.|
|Definitions include: a weakling; "wimp".|
|Definitions include: acronym for "burned out old fart".|
|Definitions include: a child who is similar to one or more of its parents.|
|Definitions include: backronym for "cool".|
|Definitions include: acronym for "dirty old fucking hippie".|
|Definitions include: an elderly person.|
|Definitions include: to have sex with someone who has an attractive body but an unattractive face.|
|Definitions include: to be annoying due to repetition.|
|Definitions include: to make a strong attempt.|
|Definitions include: to get rid of someone or something.|
|Definitions include: see good old boy.|
|Definitions include: a certain type of person living in the rural/southern United States; "hick"; "redneck".|
|Definitions include: acronym for "Grand Old Party."|
|Definitions include: a promiscuous woman.|
Other terms relating to 'school':
|Definitions include: business school.|
|Definitions include: See school.|
|Definitions include: a college or university applied to that is sure to accept the applicant, in case the applicant is rejected by all other schools applied to.|
|Definitions include: to strongly defeat during a competitive activity. Etymology: someone that was "schooled" has been "taken to school."|
|Definitions include: the metaphorical "school" of bad experiences.|
|Definitions include: a way of saying the individual wasn't bright.|
|Definitions include: to defeat.|
|Definitions include: with an exaggerated sense of one's coolness.|
|I use it||(81)|
|No longer use it||(1)|
|Heard it but never used it||(37)|
|Have never heard it||(2)|
Average of 65 votes: 21% (See the most vulgar words.)
Your vote: None (To vote, click the pepper. Vote how vulgar the word is – not how mean it is.)
To link to this term in a web page or blog, insert the following.
To link to this term in a wiki such as Wikipedia, insert the following.
Some wikis use a different format for links, so be sure to check the documentation.