Browsing page 9 of words meaning computers, electronics, technology (599 words total)
The location of this category within the thesaurus is shown on page 1 of this category.
The list of all slang words with this meaning is shown on page 1 of this category.
Full definitions of all the slang words listed above:
- someone of legal alcohol purchasing age (or with falsified identification) who buys it and sells it to underage people. Short for "boot-legger."
I know a boot that can get this party moving.
Last edited on Mar 10 1999. Submitted by Iris from Alberta, Canada
on Mar 10 1999.
- someone new to the armed forces, i.e. someone in boot camp or who has recently left boot camp.
Hey, boot - drop and give me 20.
Last edited on Nov 25 2001. Submitted by Jeffrey F. from Fairbanks, AK, USA
on Nov 25 2001.
- boot camp.
Last edited on Dec 20 2010. Submitted by Walter Rader (Editor) from Sacramento, CA, USA
on Dec 20 2010.
verb - intransitive
- to vomit
I booted last night.
- See more words with the same meaning: to vomit.
Last edited on Aug 02 2010. Submitted by John Hannan from Potsdam, NY, USA
on Oct 23 1997.
- to leave.
I need to boot.
Last edited on Aug 02 2010. Submitted by Tom from Great Falls, MT, USA
on Dec 16 1997.
verb - transitive
- to kick someone off of an electronic interaction medium for breaking rules, being disruptive, or generally ruining people's time. Examples include IRC and online gaming.
That guy keeps spamming. Can a moderator please boot him?
Last edited on Aug 02 2010. Submitted by Calli from Santa Barbara, CA, USA
on Oct 23 1999.
- to expel.
He got booted from the club.
Last edited on Sep 02 2009. Submitted by Walter Rader (Editor) from Sacramento, CA, USA
on Sep 02 2009.
- a last-minute or previously unplanned request to meet up with someone with the intention of having sex (i.e. getting booty.)
Some common characteristics of a booty call: the caller is intoxicated, the call occurs at night (often after bars have stopped serving alcohol,) the callee is an acquaintance or an ex-boyfriend or ex-girlfriend, and the sex involves no or little emotion.
The "call" in "booty call" implies a telephone call, but other methods of requesting a get-together (e.g. phone text messaging) are also valid.
Abbreviated, though rarely, BC.
James is Tanya's booty call.
He called me at 3 a.m. last night for a booty call.
Citation from "Happy Halloween", Raising Hope (TV, 2010), Season 1 Episode 5 blacked out to resolve Google's penalty against this site.
Last edited on Apr 19 2013. Submitted by Anonymous
on Mar 09 2000.
- the actual meeting that occurs after a successful call has been made.
Damn I was tired at work today. I was up late last night on a booty call.
Last edited on Jun 09 2010. Submitted by Scott A. from New York, NY, USA
on Jul 19 2002.
- a person with whom one has a "booty call" in the manner previously described.
No, we're not dating. She's just my booty call.
Last edited on Jun 09 2010. Submitted by Walter Rader (Editor) from Sacramento, CA, USA
on Jun 09 2010.
- an attractive female.
Last edited on Jun 21 1997. Submitted by C. Mathey from FL, USA
on Jun 21 1997.
- an older model Chevy vehicle.
Last edited on Apr 24 2003. Submitted by Anonymous
on Apr 24 2003.
- A computer. Often identified by its operating system, e.g. "Unix box" or "Windows box."
We preprocess the data on Unix boxes before handing it up to the mainframe.
Last edited on Aug 30 2003. Submitted by Morgan D. from Seattle, WA, USA
on Aug 30 2003.
- a vagina.
I would love to stuff her box.
Nobody has told you that your wife is cheating on you because everybody's mouths are usually full of your wife's box.
Last edited on May 20 2013. Submitted by Anonymous
on Sep 28 2008.
- a police interrogation room.
Citation from "3 Women", Life (TV, 2009), Season 2 Episode 18 blacked out to resolve Google's penalty against this site.
Last edited on Nov 29 2010. Submitted by Walter Rader (Editor) from Sacramento, CA, USA
on Nov 29 2010.