Browsing page 1 of words meaning family, family members (5 words total)
The slang words in this thesaurus category appear below the table of contents.
Where does this category appear in the slang thesaurus?
What slang words have this meaning?
The definitions of these slang words appear below the list.
Full definitions of all the slang words listed above:
- interjection used to express disappointment or outrage, usually in public gatherings such as sporting events, speeches, and musical performances.
When the referee gave the home team a penalty, their fans yelled "BOO!"
Last edited on Apr 19 2013. Submitted by Jaydig from Gilroy, CA, USA
on Dec 07 1999.
- interjection used to express (comparatively) minor disappointment, to oneself or in a small group.
The movie sold out? Boo.
Last edited on Jun 09 2010. Submitted by Jaydig from Gilroy, CA, USA
on Dec 07 1999.
- anything, in speech. Usually used in the negative, as in the example sentence.
I didn't say boo to her.
- See more words with the same meaning: nothing.
Last edited on Jun 09 2010. Submitted by Cris from CA, USA
on Dec 14 1997.
- marijuana. Antiquated.
Let's blaze some boo.
- See more words with the same meaning: marijuana.
Last edited on Jun 09 2010. Submitted by Elle d. from Seattle, WA, USA
on Apr 23 1999.
- boyfriend or girlfriend.
Hey boo, how is it going?
Me and my boo are going out to watch a movie.
Citation from "Road Trip", Parks and Recreation (TV), Season 3 Episode 14 (2011) blacked out to resolve Google's penalty against this site.
Citation from "Working Late and Working It", Up All Night (TV), Season 1 Episode 3 (2011) blacked out to resolve Google's penalty against this site.
Citation from "Chapter 13", Eastbound & Down (TV), Season 2 Episode 7 (2010) blacked out to resolve Google's penalty against this site.
Last edited on Apr 19 2013. Submitted by Jayne M. from Detroit, MI, USA
on Dec 13 1999.
- term of affection or endearment for any close friend or family member.
I love my boo!
Last edited on Jun 09 2010. Submitted by stacy from Iowa, USA
on Sep 28 2002.
- abbreviated form of "booty call".
This definition is questionable and is pending deletion. It will be saved from deletion if legitimate citations are found.
Last edited on Nov 17 2012. Submitted by Anonymous
on Nov 08 2012.
- "extended" family, sometimes including close friends.
All the cats that hang out on this corner are my fam.
This is not cool, fam.
Last edited on May 07 2013. Submitted by Demetrius Scruggs from FL, USA
on Dec 22 1997.
You might not want to come over, the fam is around.
Last edited on Dec 22 1997. Submitted by Demetrius Scruggs from FL, USA
on Dec 22 1997.
noun - uncountable
- colloquial pronunciation of fool.
What's up, foo?
Who's that foo over there?
You're such a foo.
Last edited on Jul 06 2010. Submitted by David L. from VA, USA
on Sep 23 1997.
- a geek term used to represent anything. Used essentially as a synonym for "whatever." More information can be found in RFC3092.
Look it up on the news sites - cnn.com, msnbc.com, or foo.
Last edited on Jul 06 2010. Submitted by David H. from San Marcos, TX, USA
on Dec 20 2001.
- in computing, an example or placeholder variable. Used in the same way as "bar" and "baz".
So let's say foo is 1, bar is 2, and baz is 3. That means foo + bar + baz = 6.
Last edited on Dec 16 2011. Submitted by Walter Rader (Editor) from Sacramento, CA, USA
on Dec 16 2011.
- acronym for "family or origin" - that is, the first family that a human is a member of.
She no longer has any connection to her FOO as they rejected her same-sex partner.
Last edited on Jan 10 2016. Submitted by Anonymous
on Jan 10 2016.