Browsing page 1 of words meaning inexperienced (9 words total)
The slang words in this thesaurus category appear below the table of contents.
Where does this category appear in the slang thesaurus?
- bad qualities
- To expand these results, click one of the above categories.
- There are no categories underneath this one.
What slang words have this meaning?
The definitions of these slang words appear below the list.
Full definitions of all the slang words listed above:
- someone of legal alcohol purchasing age (or with falsified identification) who buys it and sells it to underage people. Short for "boot-legger."
I know a boot that can get this party moving.
Last edited on Mar 10 1999. Submitted by Iris from Alberta, Canada
on Mar 10 1999.
- someone new to the armed forces, i.e. someone in boot camp or who has recently left boot camp.
Hey, boot - drop and give me 20.
Last edited on Nov 25 2001. Submitted by Jeffrey F. from Fairbanks, AK, USA
on Nov 25 2001.
- boot camp.
Last edited on Dec 20 2010. Submitted by Walter Rader (Editor) from Sacramento, CA, USA
on Dec 20 2010.
verb - intransitive
- to vomit
I booted last night.
- See more words with the same meaning: to vomit.
Last edited on Aug 02 2010. Submitted by John Hannan from Potsdam, NY, USA
on Oct 23 1997.
- to leave.
I need to boot.
Last edited on Aug 02 2010. Submitted by Tom from Great Falls, MT, USA
on Dec 16 1997.
verb - transitive
- to kick someone off of an electronic interaction medium for breaking rules, being disruptive, or generally ruining people's time. Examples include IRC and online gaming.
That guy keeps spamming. Can a moderator please boot him?
Last edited on Aug 02 2010. Submitted by Calli from Santa Barbara, CA, USA
on Oct 23 1999.
- to expel.
He got booted from the club.
Last edited on Sep 02 2009. Submitted by Walter Rader (Editor) from Sacramento, CA, USA
on Sep 02 2009.
- a person who has not had their first kiss or has never French kissed. Origin: a middle-school term used in the southern United States.
Last edited on Feb 01 1998. Submitted by Erica from Atlanta, GA, USA
on Feb 01 1998.
- a person in their first year of high school; "freshman".
Oh, she's a fish, huh? I thought so.
Last edited on Oct 07 2015. Submitted by Jennifer S. from Houston, TX, USA
on Dec 26 1998.
- a weakling; "wimp".
This guy is a fish.
Last edited on Apr 21 2013. Submitted by richard p. from Alabama, USA
on Mar 21 2002.
- a heavy drinker. Shortened from the expression "drinks like a fish."
He's such a fish.
Last edited on Oct 11 2002. Submitted by Emilie S from Petersburg, AK, USA
on Oct 11 2002.
- one dollar.
Citation from "'Countdown with Keith Olbermann' for May 7" transcript, MSNBC, May 10, 2004 blacked out to resolve Google's penalty against this site.
- See more words with the same meaning: money.
Last edited on Oct 07 2009. Submitted by Zach J. from Yorktown, VA, USA
on Dec 02 2004.
- a new prisoner.
Citation from "Prison Break-In", Arrested Development (TV, 2005), Season 3 Episode 7 blacked out to resolve Google's penalty against this site.
Last edited on Dec 02 2010. Submitted by Patrick W.
on Aug 16 2008.
- a bad poker player.
Last edited on Mar 14 2009. Submitted by Anonymous
on Mar 14 2009.
- a person who is "FISH" - an acronym for "fit, intelligent, sexy, hot". (In other words: attractive, intelligent, attractive, attractive.)
Jenny is such a fish!
Last edited on Apr 21 2013. Submitted by Anonymous
on Apr 02 2010.
- a woman.
Ugh! Why are there so many fishes in the club tonight?
There's some nice fish here.
Last edited on Apr 21 2013. Submitted by John Kitus from Boise, ID, USA
on Jan 24 2012.
- form of address for a young person.
Hello, grass hopper.
Last edited on May 01 2013. Submitted by Walter Rader (Editor) from Sacramento, CA, USA
on Sep 09 2009.
- a novice.
Used in the TV series Kung Fu (1972-1975) as the pet name Master Po calls young Kwai Chang Caine.
Citation from "Find Your Happy Place", Life (TV, 2008), Season 2 Episode 1 blacked out to resolve Google's penalty against this site.
Last edited on Aug 10 2011. Submitted by Walter Rader (Editor) from Sacramento, CA, USA
on Oct 11 2010.
- in agreement.
Are we green about this?
Are we green?
Green?A proper response to all three could be "Green."
Last edited on Jun 18 1997. Submitted by Angel I. from Hong Kong
on Jun 18 1997.
- uncomfortable with sexual contact. For example, afraid to kiss or touch "private areas."
He's so damn green!
Last edited on Apr 16 1998. Submitted by Ariane from Canada
on Apr 16 1998.
Your girlfriend is so hot. I'm green!
Last edited on Apr 18 1998. Submitted by Jedi M. from Nebraska, USA
on Apr 18 1998.
- marijuana. (Marijuana is green in color.)
We will smoke our green today.
- See more words with the same meaning: marijuana.
Last edited on Dec 27 1999. Submitted by Jessie G. from Lewisville, TX, USA
on Dec 27 1999.
- impolite, rude; MESSED UP.
Dog, that's green.
Last edited on Jan 20 2000. Submitted by Amy H from Jacksonville, FL, USA
on Jan 20 2000.
Last edited on Aug 30 2003. Submitted by Morgan D. from Seattle, WA, USA
on Aug 30 2003.
- inexperienced at a particular task or in a line of business. Origin: possibly from the color of unripe fruit.
He's a little green, but I think he'll pick it up quickly.
Last edited on May 16 2011. Submitted by Morgan D. from Seattle, WA, USA
on Aug 30 2003.
noun - uncountable
- an inexperienced person; "green person". Especially an inexperienced mountain climber. From the color of the animated character of the same name.
Hey gumby, take a lesson.
Last edited on Dec 13 2012. Submitted by Jay Y. from Charlotte, NC, USA
on Oct 21 1999.
- a clumsy or unintelligent person.
Last edited on Dec 13 2012. Submitted by Anonymous
on Dec 07 2012.