Browsing page 17 of words meaning recreation, fun, and humor (328 words total)
The location of this category within the thesaurus is shown on page 1 of this category.
The list of all slang words with this meaning is shown on page 1 of this category.
Full definitions of all the slang words listed above:
- to talk or to contact, especially at some later time.
I'll holla at you later.
Holla at your boy.
Last edited on Apr 08 2013. Submitted by Jerrelyn from University of South Alabama, USA
on Apr 24 1999.
- to talk when trying to attract a member of the opposite sex; "hit on".
Every time I go to the mall, those fools be tryin' to holla.
Can I holla at you?
Last edited on Jun 09 2010. Submitted by Jerrelyn from University of South Alabama, USA
on Apr 24 1999.
- to contact someone, e.g. via a telephone call, e-mail, cell phone text message, etc. Also holla back. Typically used as a request.
I'll see ya later. Holla!
Message left on an answering machine: "Well, I guess you're not home. Holla back!"
Last edited on Jun 09 2010. Submitted by Shawn R.
on Oct 12 2001.
- a simple minded person, never cognizant of the world around them; MORON. "Homers" typically have "dumb luck." One would typically refer to someone as a "Homer" when they have done or said something that is totally moronic. (From a main character in the US animated series The Simpsons.)
I can't believe you said that. You're such a Homer!
Last edited on Jan 17 2003. Submitted by Kathy H. from Newbury Park, CA, USA
on Jan 17 2003.
- in baseball or related sports, a home run.
Citation from "Party Down Company Picnic", Party Down (TV), Season 2 Episode 7 blacked out to resolve Google's penalty against this site.
Last edited on Dec 31 2010. Submitted by Walter Rader (Editor) from Sacramento, CA, USA
on Sep 09 2009.
- very good, excellent; "cool".
Man, your car is ill.
Last edited on Jan 11 2012. Submitted by Demetrius Scruggs from FL, USA
on Dec 22 1997.
- unusually bizarre.
Man did you see how that dude just got up an walked away from that car accident without a scratch on him? man that was ill.
Did you see the award show last night? Man Lady Ga Ga's meat dress was ill!The word can also be used as a negative in saying that a person is stupid.
Last edited on Sep 01 2011. Submitted by The Last Don
on Aug 30 2011.
- to relax; "hang out"; "chill". Usually the -ing form is used.
Man I'm straight illin'.
Last edited on Dec 22 2010. Submitted by Noah P. from Everett, WA, USA
on Dec 02 2002.
- to not be doing very well.
Last edited on Dec 22 2010. Submitted by Anthony from Hazlet, NJ, USA
on Dec 06 2002.
- in "professional wrestling," a wrestler who intentionally loses to improve the image of the winner.
Get out of the ring, jabroni.
Yeah you're damn right I said I hate you, you pathetic jabrony.
Last edited on Apr 23 2013. Submitted by Paul D. from Beaumont, TX, USA
on Nov 05 1999.
- a general insult; "sissy"; "idiot"; "nobody"; "loser".
Hey jabroni! You shut your mouth.
He is such a stupid jabroni.
Citation from "Mac's Big Break", It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia (TV, 2010), Season 6 Episode 4 blacked out to resolve Google's penalty against this site.
Last edited on Jun 09 2011. Submitted by Evan from PA, USA
on Jan 16 2000.
noun - uncountable
- to leave.
I really gotta jam.
Last edited on Nov 07 1998. Submitted by Robert G. from Riverside, CA, USA
on Nov 07 1998.
- to play an instrument with great intensity. Also jam out.
The guitar player jammed out at the concert last night!
Last edited on Oct 01 2001. Submitted by Anonymous
on Oct 01 2001.
- to improvise music with other musicians.
Last edited on Aug 11 2009. Submitted by Walter Rader (Editor) from Sacramento, CA, USA
on Aug 11 2009.
- to show off
Last edited on May 05 2010. Submitted by Cri(s)ta'.' from Huntington Beach, CA, USA
on Apr 21 2010.