Browsing page 6 of words meaning retorts and taunts (list of) (54 words total)
The location of this category within the thesaurus is shown on page 1 of this category.
The list of all slang words with this meaning is shown on page 1 of this category.
Full definitions of all the slang words listed above:
- Used for almost anything anymore. (1) "I don't care," (2) "Yeah right! (sarcasm)" (3) Tacked at the end of a listing of things, like etc.
1) Speaker: Do you want to go uptown?
Response: (shrugs shoulders) "Whatever."
2) Huh? You want me to share this with you. Whatever!
3) Bring chips, cookies, pop; whatever.
I caught her cheating and She said whatever.
Last edited on Apr 24 2013. Submitted by Leah A. from Ohio University, USA
on Feb 15 1999.
- Complete sentence or singular remark given in apathy by someone indifferent to others feelings or actions. Seems to be favored by teens and adolescents.
Last edited on May 17 2011. Submitted by Don W. from Platte City, MO, USA
on Feb 25 2000.
- a dismissive retort; "Shut up and go away."
Last edited on Jun 30 2011. Submitted by Anonymous
on Aug 18 2009.
- a comeback used in an argument when one can't think of anything better to say.
Speaker: You're ugly.
Response: Your mom.
Speaker: I like cheese.
Response: Your mom!
Last edited on Apr 18 2013. Submitted by Elizabeth from NJ, USA
on Apr 02 1998.
- prefix used as an insulting retort.
Person A: You suck.
Person B: Your mom sucks.
Last edited on Oct 03 2009. Submitted by Walter Rader (Editor) from Sacramento, CA, USA
on Oct 03 2009.