Browsing page 1 of words meaning to escape (2 words total)
The slang words in this thesaurus category appear below the table of contents.
Where does this category appear in the slang thesaurus?
What slang words have this meaning?
The definitions of these slang words appear below the list.
Full definitions of all the slang words listed above:
- to retrieve specifically money.
I don't have any cash, so you're going to have to bust out for this.
- See more words with the same meaning: money.
- See more words with the same meaning: to give.
Last edited on Mar 29 1999. Submitted by David C. from Yakima, WA, USA
on Mar 29 1999.
- to escape.
He busted out of prison.
Citation from "Funhouse", Lie To Me (TV), Season 3 Episode 9 (2011) censored in hope of resolving Google's penalty against this site.
Last edited on Jan 12 2011. Submitted by John K. from Falls Church, VA, USA
on Feb 06 2002.
- to "escape" in a looser sense, i.e. to discretely exit a situation, typically at a time earlier than what would be considered to be acceptable.
Dude, you gotta bust out of work and have a beer with me.
Last edited on Feb 06 2002. Submitted by John K. from Falls Church, VA, USA
on Feb 06 2002.
- to accomplish a task.
I'd like to go out tonight but I have to bust out some homework.
Last edited on Oct 04 2002. Submitted by Jason D. from Costa Mesa, CA, USA
on Oct 04 2002.
- to use. (This is a variant of the "to withdraw" meaning. This definition is "to use" as in "to withdraw from one's set of skills, knowledge, vocabulary, etc.")
I'm going to bust out my crazy kung fu skills.
Last edited on Mar 29 2010. Submitted by Walter Rader (Editor) from Sacramento, CA, USA
on Mar 29 2010.
verb - transitive
- to yell at someone; "blow up".
Man, she really busted me out!
- See more words with the same meaning: to yell.
Last edited on Apr 25 2013. Submitted by Eva
on Feb 15 1998.
- to withdraw an item from its present storage place; "retrieve".
Let's bust out those beers.
Citation from "Eagleton", Parks and Recreation (TV), Season 3 Episode 12 (2011) censored in hope of resolving Google's penalty against this site.
Citation from "New Car", Up All Night (TV), Season 1 Episode 4 (2011) censored in hope of resolving Google's penalty against this site.
Last edited on Oct 14 2011. Submitted by Alek K. from Phoenix, AZ, USA
on Dec 26 1998.