Browsing page 1 of words meaning to pretend, feign, pose (13 words total)
The slang words in this thesaurus category appear below the table of contents.
Where does this category appear in the slang thesaurus?
What slang words have this meaning?
The definitions of these slang words appear below the list.
Full definitions of all the slang words listed above:
- fake identification.
The bouncer confiscated my fake.
Last edited on May 15 2004. Submitted by Nina R. from Shorewood, WI, USA
on May 15 2004.
- a person who alters their personality to fit in with other people or groups.
She's such a fake.
Last edited on Dec 21 2011. Submitted by Z B. from San Jose, CA, USA
on Dec 15 2004.
- to strike a pose, profile. Origin: "Money Ain't a Thing" by JayZ and Jermaine Dupree.
Look at Rahim, flossin' in his mom's Beamer.
Now, you ain't gotta floss for me.
Last edited on May 08 2013. Submitted by Natasha M. from New York, NY, USA
on Nov 17 1998.
- Looks flashy, rich, appears to have a lot of money.
Man dude is just flossin'.
Last edited on Dec 01 1998. Submitted by K. Johnson from Chicago, IL, USA
on Dec 01 1998.
- To dress stylishly.
Last edited on Nov 10 2012. Submitted by Anonymous
on Nov 10 2012.
noun - uncountable
verb - intransitive
- to show off.
Let's go flossing in the Lexus.
Last edited on May 13 2011. Submitted by Nicky B. from MI, USA
on Jul 27 1998.
- to relax; "chill"; "hang out".
We were just flossin' at her house.
Last edited on May 13 2011. Submitted by Mo M. from Warren, OH, USA
on May 28 2002.
- a cover-up, disguise, deception.
The car is only a front on how much money he really has.
They use the toy-store as a front for their drug operation.
Last edited on Jul 16 2007. Submitted by Anonymous
on Jul 16 2007.
- tooth jewelry; GRILL.
Where did you get those new gold fronts?
Last edited on Oct 12 2007. Submitted by Datkidfrank from Boston, MA, USA
on Oct 12 2007.
- to pretend to be someone else.
Man, quit fronting!
Don't front with me.
Last edited on May 05 2013. Submitted by Tim Rice
on Sep 22 1997.
- to confront, try to start a fight. Also front with.
He fronted this dude at the party.
Are you fronting with me?
Last edited on Dec 12 1999. Submitted by DeJuan from Minneapolis, MN, USA
on Dec 12 1999.
- to lie.
Man: Yo, let me get your phone number.
Woman: I don't got a phone.
Man: Come on, don't front.
- See more words with the same meaning: to lie.
Last edited on Mar 16 2002. Submitted by Ernesto F. from Central Falls, RI, USA
on Mar 16 2002.
- to be the leader of a musical group - usually the lead singer.
Last edited on Feb 17 2003. Submitted by David
on Feb 17 2003.
- to give someone something of value, expecting that they will compensate you later, as they can't right now.
I'll front you the money if you'll buy me those tickets.
Could you front me the drugs and I'll pay you back later?
Last edited on Jun 06 2007. Submitted by Chris Durkin from Duluth, MN, USA
on Jun 06 2007.
- to killed, murder.
Source: J W Jackson mysteries by Philip R Craig.
John Doe gacked him.
Last edited on Oct 16 2012. Submitted by Anonymous from Carleton College, Northfield, MN 55057, USA
on Oct 25 2010.
That film is gack.
Last edited on Apr 10 2011. Submitted by Anonymous
on Apr 09 2011.
- A local Derry word describing a fool or someone who lacks common sense. "Yer man is a right gack".
Last edited on Jul 06 2011. Submitted by Anonymous from Londonderry, Derry, UK
on Jul 06 2011.
- someone who pretends to be someone they're not, usually in dress and speech; "poseur"; "wannabe"; "fake".
That popper doesn't know anything.
Last edited on Dec 20 2010. Submitted by Maurice J. from Fall River, MA, USA
on Nov 21 2002.
- various alkyl nitrites inhaled for recreational purposes, particularly amyl nitrite, butyl nitrite, isopropyl nitrite and isobutyl nitrite. Usually used in the plural.
Citation from "Love, Bullets and Blacktop", Reaper (TV, 2007), Season 1 Episode 7 blacked out to resolve Google's penalty against this site.
- See more words with the same meaning: drugs.
Last edited on Jun 28 2011. Submitted by Walter Rader (Editor) from Sacramento, CA, USA
on Aug 31 2009.
- misspelling of "pauper".
Last edited on Apr 20 2013. Submitted by Anonymous
on Apr 20 2013.
- a modified, imported Japanese car.
Well I hear a lawn mower on steroids, must be a rice!
Last edited on May 16 2011. Submitted by Paul from Richland, WA, USA
on Oct 06 2001.
- any car modified superficially to make it appear fast, e.g. stickers from parts not on the car; racing seatbelts.
Orlando has a lot of bad-ass cars, but it's mostly full of rice.
Last edited on Feb 26 2002. Submitted by Doug C. from Frederick, MD, USA
on Feb 26 2002.