To resolve Google's penalty
against this site
(still active after 440 days)
I've been forced to censor all 5,300 citations of slang use.
With the penalty in place, there's just no way to compete on a level playing field
with dictionaries that don't
have citations. Guys: I'm sorry.
Browsing page 1 of new words for April 1, 2002
- 1. of or relating to gangster or street life. 2. an affiliation or 'crew'. (Hip hop origin.)
I keep it gully.
Last edited on Feb 15 2013. Submitted by Michelle T. from Houston, TX, USA
on Dec 21 2001.
- It means ghetto, pretty much. Like you're keepin' it gully when your belt breaks and you use a string instead. It's a good thing, too, as opposed to "Damn, that car is so ghetto!"
I'm just keepin' it gully.
Last edited on Jan 20 2013. Submitted by Jeremy from Seattle, WA, USA
on Apr 01 2002.
- See gangster.
This song is gully.
Last edited on Jan 20 2013. Submitted by Jimmy D. from Queens Village, NY, USA
on May 29 2002.
- Stay cool.
Keep it gully, son.
Last edited on Jan 20 2013. Submitted by Anonymous from New York, NY, USA
on Jul 01 2002.
- to act unstoppable or overly hard-headed.
Tryin' to act tuff - go ahead be gully.
Last edited on May 16 2011. Submitted by dick from Waltham, MA, USA
on Mar 02 2003.
- to be authentic (to "keep it real")
Last edited on Jan 20 2013. Submitted by Nate G. from Cleveland Heights, OH, USA
on Jul 21 2004.
That basketball player is gully.
Last edited on Jul 26 2010. Submitted by Nate G. from Cleveland Heights, OH, USA
on Jul 21 2004.
- used to refer to a person who is being Difficult, A pussy (scared to do something), Openly and blatantly stupid in public i.e. making a scene and/or embarrassing him/herself and those around them, Shady/suspect, Annoying, A coward.
That nigga is bein' mad gully!
Stop being fuckin gully son!
Last edited on May 16 2011. Submitted by Jeff O. from Woodbridge, VA, USA
on Mar 30 2006.