To resolve Google's penalty against this site (still active after 438 days) I've been forced to censor all 5,300 citations of slang use. With the penalty in place, there's just no way to compete on a level playing field with dictionaries that don't have citations. Guys: I'm sorry. – Walter (editor)
Browsing page 1 of new words for May 31, 2003
- Seems to be a New York City synonym for "hood" or "crook." Often heard on network cop shows, e.g. "Law and Order."
NYC cop: I busted a coupla mooks.
- Baltimore MD Used on Homicide; Life on the streets by Detective Lewis.
Will you just look at these mooks?
- An insignificant, contemptible person--usually male.
What a fuckin' mook!
- an insignificant or contemptible person. Origin is possibly from the word "jamoke" or "moke."
- A large, clumsy person; oaf.
You're stepping on my foot, you big mook!
- an oaf, a loud boor, a witlessly enthusiastic fan of insignificant things or events.
- person crappy or half-assed task is given to
There is the wood cut-list mook.
- when said person is assigned a crappy or half-assed duty, given a mindless or boring task; treated as something stepped in by a brain-dead manager type
The front office secretary is cleaning the office fridge... looks like she's been mooked again!
|+||Add a definition for this slang term|