Definition of mook
- Seems to be a New York City synonym for "hood" or "crook." Often heard on network cop shows, e.g. "Law and Order."
NYC cop: I busted a coupla mooks.
- Baltimore MD Used on Homicide; Life on the streets by Detective Lewis.
Will you just look at these mooks?
- An insignificant, contemptible person--usually male.
What a fuckin' mook!
- an insignificant or contemptible person. Origin is possibly from the word "jamoke" or "moke."
- A large, clumsy person; oaf.
You're stepping on my foot, you big mook!
- an oaf, a loud boor, a witlessly enthusiastic fan of insignificant things or events.
- person crappy or half-assed task is given to
There is the wood cut-list mook.
- when said person is assigned a crappy or half-assed duty, given a mindless or boring task; treated as something stepped in by a brain-dead manager type
The front office secretary is cleaning the office fridge... looks like she's been mooked again!
|+||Add a definition for this slang term|
Slang terms with the same meaning
Slang terms with the same root words
Other terms relating to 'mook':
|Definitions include: extremely ugly.|
|I use it||(59)|
|No longer use it||(2)|
|Heard it but never used it||(21)|
|Have never heard it||(22)|
Average of 40 votes: 28% (See the most vulgar words.)
Your vote: None (To vote, click the pepper. Vote how vulgar the word is – not how mean it is.)
To link to this term in a web page or blog, insert the following.
To link to this term in a wiki such as Wikipedia, insert the following.
Some wikis use a different format for links, so be sure to check the documentation.