To resolve Google's penalty against this site (still active after 438 days) I've been forced to censor all 5,300 citations of slang use. With the penalty in place, there's just no way to compete on a level playing field with dictionaries that don't have citations. Guys: I'm sorry. – Walter (editor)
Browsing page 1 of new words for January 30, 2006
- To keep quiet. Secretive. Also known as the "D.L." ex.: He's hitting it on the DL."
Keep this on the Down Low.
- word or phrase the person wants to keep to a limited amount of people or persons.
Hey, keep that on the down low yo.
- To keep something quiet or concealed.
I lost the 20 bucks from the cash register but keep it on the down low or I'll get fired.
- to keep a secret.
We gonna kick it on the D.L.
- Basically means a secret. "Keep this on the down-low, don't tell anyone." Can also mean details or the real reason behind something. "Give me the down-low." Also known as "D.L." "Keep this on the D.L." "Here's the D.L., man."
Keep this on the down-low.
- Keep it a secret. Also DL.
Shh! Keep it on the down-low.
Shh! Keep it on the D-L.
|+||Add a definition for this slang term|