Browsing page 1 of words meaning based on place of residence (28 words total)
The slang words in this thesaurus category appear below the table of contents.
Where does this category appear in the slang thesaurus?
What slang words have this meaning?
The definitions of these slang words appear below the list.
Full definitions of all the slang words listed above:
- a person from a rural area; uncool person. Likely a shortened form of "Alabama," a southern state in the US.
That Sissy character from down south is a real bamma.
Last edited on Nov 11 2013. Submitted by Demetrius Scruggs from FL, USA
on Dec 22 1997.
- a person who dresses or acts outside of the norm, as if possibly from a rural area.
Look at that bamma over there!
Last edited on Mar 29 2004. Submitted by Vidamo J.
on Mar 29 2004.
- female genitalia.
I can't believe you kicked her in the cooter!
Last edited on Oct 29 1997. Submitted by Heather And Geoff from Selinsgrove, PA, USA
on Oct 29 1997.
- Cooter was the affable but hopelessly stupid and uncouth auto mechanic on the popular 1980's television show "The Dukes of Hazard." Whereas calling someone a "hick" or a "redneck" carries an undertone of disdain and disparagement, "Cooter" is a more lighthearted insult primarily used for people one knows and/or likes.
He's such a cooter.
Last edited on Jan 12 2003. Submitted by Ray G. from Seattle, WA, USA
on Jan 12 2003.
- a turtle - usually a water turtle, such as a snapping turtle. Southern US slang.
Last edited on Jul 02 2009. Submitted by Martha W.
on Jul 02 2009.
I was out of money so I bummed a grit.
Last edited on Feb 11 1998. Submitted by Anonymous
on Feb 11 1998.
- a country bumpkin; "redneck".
Last edited on May 08 2013. Submitted by Jacki P. from Bloomington, IN, USA
on Mar 02 2008.
- meth or speed (because of the fact you grit your teeth) while your on the drugs. and if you are on it long enough you will look like "grit"
Last edited on Oct 14 2012. Submitted by Anonymous
on Oct 14 2012.
noun - uncountable