Browsing page 1 of words meaning embarrassment (related to) (7 words total)
The slang words in this thesaurus category appear below the table of contents.
Where does this category appear in the slang thesaurus?
What slang words have this meaning?
The definitions of these slang words appear below the list.
Full definitions of all the slang words listed above:
- in an irreparably bad situation; "out of luck"; "screwed".
I'm afraid that you're just ass out.
Last edited on Oct 13 2011. Submitted by Demetrius Scruggs from FL, USA
on Dec 22 1997.
- without money; BROKE.
I can't go to the show tonight, I'm ass out.
Last edited on Dec 22 1997. Submitted by Demetrius Scruggs from FL, USA
on Dec 22 1997.
- to make a fool of oneself while under the influence of a substance, usually liquor.
Oh, man, last night I assed out!
Last edited on Feb 20 1998. Submitted by Emily from UC Berkeley, Berkeley, CA, USA
on Feb 20 1998.
- to not attend a social gathering after already agreeing; TO FLAKE.
Everyone knows she's gonna ass out tonight.
Last edited on Jun 11 2002. Submitted by Miss J. from Queens, NY, USA
on Jun 11 2002.
- to be prevented access to a location because others are engaging in sexual congress within.
I had to sleep in the lounge because I got assed out of my dorm room.
Last edited on Jul 24 2007. Submitted by Anonymous from Sacramento, CA, USA
on Jul 24 2007.
- exhausted, not well.
I feel really crunchy.
- See more words with the same meaning: sick, ill.
- See more words with the same meaning: tired.
Last edited on Jul 01 1998. Submitted by Pris from Vero Beach, FL, USA
on Jul 01 1998.
- to feel embarrassed after having done or said something that might cause another person emotional pain or embarrassment. The feeling of "having put one's foot in one's mouth."
Last edited on Apr 22 1999. Submitted by Geoffrey from San Francisco, CA, USA
on Apr 22 1999.
- hippie-esque; "all-natural". Refers to the crunch of granola, which (as goes the stereotype) hippies are likely to eat.
Citation from "Brooklyn Without Limits", 30 Rock (TV, 2010), Season 5 Episode 7 blacked out to resolve Google's penalty against this site.
Citation from "The Outsiders", Covert Affairs (TV), Season 2 Episode 6 (2011) blacked out to resolve Google's penalty against this site.
Last edited on Aug 11 2011. Submitted by J.H.T. from Atlanta, GA, USA
on Jun 02 1999.
- messed up, weird.
My computer got all moded and then it crashed.
- See more words with the same meaning: broken.
Last edited on Feb 20 1998. Submitted by Emily M. from UC Berkeley, Berkeley, CA, USA
on Feb 20 1998.
- embarrassed. Usually used after someone does something stupid.
Now don't you feel moded!
You feel moded, you retard?
Last edited on May 12 2013. Submitted by Emily M. from UC Berkeley, Berkeley, CA, USA
on Feb 20 1998.
- mean or disrespectful.
Hey! You don't have to be so salty!
I like my ladies salty.
Last edited on May 09 2013. Submitted by Nicole from AR, USA
on Jul 21 1998.
- embarrassed because of one's own doing, especially when one makes a claim that turns out to be wrong.
Man, he was feeling salty!
Last edited on Jun 09 1999. Submitted by Miranda from OH, USA
on Jun 09 1999.
- angry, irritated, grouchy.
I'm salty because we lost the basketball game.
Stay away from Amy, she's really salty today.
He was salty when he found out he had to work Saturday night.
I woke up feeling salty this morning after a bad dream about my ex.
Last edited on May 07 2013. Submitted by JD from Baltimore, MD, USA
on Nov 08 1999.
She's still salty because I didn't call her last night.
Last edited on Feb 28 2000. Submitted by Anonymous from Chicago, IL, USA
on Feb 28 2000.
Damn that's salty!
Last edited on Aug 27 2002. Submitted by J from Cincinnati, OH, USA
on Aug 27 2002.
- corny or childish.
That was the saltiest joke I've heard in a long time.
- See more words with the same meaning: corny.
Last edited on May 01 2004. Submitted by Kellaman, D. from MI, USA
on May 01 2004.
- a man with no class. For example: possessing little money, lacking in transportation, without a place to live, etc. Popularized by the song "No Scrubs" on TLC's 1999 album FanMail.
I can't believe that scrub thought I'd give him my phone number.
Last edited on Jan 08 1998. Submitted by Kendall from Aiken, SC, USA
on Jan 08 1998.
- an annoying person.
Your little brother is such a scrub!
Last edited on Jun 01 1998. Submitted by Ashley and Jackie from Bay Area School of Enterprise, Alameda, CA 94501, USA
on Jun 01 1998.
- an inferior competitor; "newbie".
Last edited on Jun 09 2010. Submitted by Walter Rader (Editor) from Sacramento, CA, USA
on Jun 09 2010.
verb - intransitive
verb - transitive