To resolve Google's penalty
against this site
(still active after 438 days)
I've been forced to censor all 5,300 citations of slang use.
With the penalty in place, there's just no way to compete on a level playing field
with dictionaries that don't
have citations. Guys: I'm sorry.
Browsing page 22 of words meaning fights, conflict, injury (physical) (273 words total)
The location of this category within the thesaurus is shown on page 1 of this category.
The list of all slang words with this meaning is shown on page 1 of this category.
Full definitions of all the slang words listed above:
- Used to indicate being shown up so badly during a competitive activity that requires some skill (tennis, darts, shooting pool, football, etc.) you have been "taken to school." You were taught how to do it, and got beaten badly in the process.
I got schooled playing tennis today.
Last edited on Nov 04 1997. Submitted by Mike K. from Temple City, CA, USA
on Nov 04 1997.
- To win at something by a large margin.
Man, I really schooled your ass in paintball yesterday!
Last edited on Dec 16 2001. Submitted by Derrick P. from Edmonton, AB, Canada
on Dec 16 2001.
- Used when someone beats someone else badly.
I schooled you, man!
Last edited on Feb 24 2003. Submitted by Gordon M. from Vashon, WA, USA
on Feb 24 2003.
verb - transitive
- a "person" who claims flue (blue) a shiesty-ass nigga.
Fuck a scrap!
Last edited on May 17 2011. Submitted by rob
on Jan 29 1999.
- a dirty person who looks like crap.
You look like a scrap.
Last edited on May 17 2011. Submitted by Heretik from East Ct, San Jose, CA 95116, USA
on Dec 13 1999.
- Someone who is in a gang.
That nigga is a scrap.
Last edited on Feb 23 2000. Submitted by Britney
on Feb 23 2000.
- to beat up or kick their ass.
We gon' scrap you.
Last edited on Aug 29 2002. Submitted by PT from Miami, FL, USA
on Aug 29 2002.
- To fight. "straight scrap" = immediately fight.
We can talk it out. or straight scrap!
Last edited on Jan 27 2003. Submitted by J da Headbanga from Baltimore, MD, USA
on Jan 27 2003.
verb - intransitive
- to make an irreparable (possibly tragic) mistake. Originated in the US Air Force.
Well, Jim, we lost the account. Looks like you really screwed the pooch on this one.
Obama really screwed the pooch with his debate performance.
Citation from "Pilot", Eureka (TV), Season 1 Episode 1 blacked out to resolve Google's penalty against this site.
Citation from "School Lies", American Dad (TV), Season 6 Episode 14 (2011) blacked out to resolve Google's penalty against this site.
Last edited on Oct 10 2012. Submitted by kim c. from Janesville, IL 62435, USA
on Feb 18 1999.
- to fail completely. Originated in the US Air Force.
Q: How did you do on the exam?
A: I totally screwed the pooch.
Oh man! You just screwed the pooch!
Last edited on Apr 19 2013. Submitted by Steve O. from Austin, TX, USA
on Jan 17 2003.
- to waste time; "mess around".
Quit screwing the pooch and come help me.
Last edited on Jan 04 2011. Submitted by Andrew G. from Spokane, WA, USA
on Jul 19 2003.
- to die.
I heard from Fred that old Barney screwed the pooch.
- See more words with the same meaning: to die.
Last edited on Mar 08 2010. Submitted by Kenn C. from Emmaus, PA, USA
on Jan 18 2006.