Browsing page 38 of words meaning people, friends, and family (1,150 words total)
The location of this category within the thesaurus is shown on page 1 of this category.
The list of all slang words with this meaning is shown on page 1 of this category.
Full definitions of all the slang words listed above:
- a derogatory term, used most often to describe males; "jerk", "asshole".
Citation from "Dog Days of Tucson", Sons of Tucson (TV, 2010) blacked out to resolve Google's penalty against this site.
Citation from "Leon", Reaper (TV, 2007), Season 1 Episode 6 blacked out to resolve Google's penalty against this site.
Citation from "White Nights", Archer (TV), Season 2 Episode 12 (2011) blacked out to resolve Google's penalty against this site.
Citation from "Might Have Been", Rookie Blue (TV), Season 2 Episode 2 (2011) blacked out to resolve Google's penalty against this site.
I love our team, but our quarterback is a douche bag.
Last edited on Apr 20 2013. Submitted by M. Ebie from Akron, OH, USA
on Sep 30 1997.
- an excessively self-obsessed person, usually male.
Guy: Man, I'm so sore. I did like 200 reps last night. ... Can I get your number?
Girl: Sorry, I don't date douche bags.
Last edited on Apr 20 2013. Submitted by Anonymous
on Nov 01 2003.
- a person who intentionally acts like a jerk to appear cool or to show off.
I said "hi" to him and he said, "Shut up, asshole, ur gay." What a douche bag.
Last edited on Apr 20 2013. Submitted by Rusty from Cleveland, OH, USA
on May 01 2009.
- in agreement with a plan to do something. Also down for and down with.
I'm down for that.
I'm down with that.
Last edited on Oct 25 2011. Submitted by Kathy Wilson from University of Mississippi, USA
on Apr 07 1998.
- to appreciate or enjoy something.
I am definitely down with that chick. She's a hottie!
Last edited on May 13 2011. Submitted by Kevin Casini from College Park, MD, USA
on Apr 13 1998.
- in good standing with; connected (in personal association.)
Leon's my man. I'm down with his boys.
Last edited on Jan 18 2000. Submitted by Derek D. from Astoria, NY, USA
on Jan 18 2000.
- generally agreeable; "cool".
Citation from "Kid Cannabis", Rolling Stone, Mark Binelli, Oct 06 2005 blacked out to resolve Google's penalty against this site.
Last edited on Mar 20 2010. Submitted by Walter Rader (Editor) from Sacramento, CA, USA
on Mar 20 2010.
- Down also means - "hip" and "with it"; having been initiated into a certain lifestyle, usually street slick, and hustle smart.
For example, "this is a down bunch of dudes"
Last edited on Feb 27 2014. Submitted by Anonymous
on Feb 27 2014.
- imprisoned; incarcerated. See down town.
Last edited on Jun 09 2015. Submitted by Chuck S.
on Jun 09 2015.
verb - transitive