To resolve Google's penalty
against this site
(still active after 437 days)
I've been forced to censor all 5,300 citations of slang use.
With the penalty in place, there's just no way to compete on a level playing field
with dictionaries that don't
have citations. Guys: I'm sorry.
Browsing page 88 of "H" words
- to go off of a drop-off without jumping or even trying to lift off, and with just enough speed but not zooming; applies to mountain biking, snowboarding, skiing, probably other such sports.
Last edited on May 16 2011. Submitted by MLD from Arlington, MA, USA
on Mar 09 2003.
- Same as; hurl, blow chips, chunks, cheese, barf, spew, blow chowder, ralph.
If you drink more you'll probably Huck.
Last edited on Mar 11 2003. Submitted by Tom from Carlsbad, CA 92008, USA
on Mar 11 2003.
- To toss, throw or fling and object indiscriminately.
Last edited on Jun 20 2003. Submitted by Christopher A.
on Jun 20 2003.
- n. 1.a person or group that is of preference. 2. The person or people who can get the job done. 3. Someone liked. "the go-to man."
I'm your huckleberry.
You're the only huckleberry on the bush.
Last edited on Apr 07 2013. Submitted by Jim B. from Clearwater, FL, USA
on Oct 11 2002.
- the person you would choose, the best fit for the task. Popularized by the movie Tombstone.
Last edited on Jun 04 2010. Submitted by Gary S.
on Jul 21 2004.
- A special man for the job
I'll be your huckleberry.
Last edited on Jun 22 2005. Submitted by Johannesen J.
on Jun 22 2005.
- - a rural area (i.e. small town in West Virginia).
They make moonshine in Hucklebuck.
Last edited on Nov 06 1999. Submitted by Jason P. from Pittsburgh, PA, USA
on Nov 06 1999.
- "Hucklebuck" in black urban slang can have the meaning of having wild uninhibited spontaneous sex.
Last edited on Jul 26 2012. Submitted by Tony-to-the-T from Tyler, TX, USA
on Apr 22 2012.