To resolve Google's penalty
against this site
(still active after 439 days)
I've been forced to censor all 5,300 citations of slang use.
With the penalty in place, there's just no way to compete on a level playing field
with dictionaries that don't
have citations. Guys: I'm sorry.
Browsing page 1 of new words for January 27, 2000
- inexperienced. 2. a chump.
He can't rap - he's a busta rapper.
Person A: He's is a nice guy.
Person B: Naw, he a busta.
She a buster.
He's a buster.
Last edited on May 03 2013. Submitted by Sean F. from Detroit, MI, USA
on Nov 12 1998.
- someone who kills the "game." Keeps you from reaching a climax: a loser.
Don't be a busta.
Last edited on May 06 2011. Submitted by leyla
on Jan 27 2000.
- Folk etymology: It orginiated in the 90's after Boxer Buster Douglas surprizingly knocked out Mike Tyson who was considered the crowd favorite and most likely to win the fight.
To fans amazement Buster Douglas then became a most unexpected new world heavy weight champion. However Buster wouldn't hold the title long.
Last edited on Jul 12 2012. Submitted by The Last Don
on Aug 31 2011.
- A person who thinks that they are the shit.
That mug is a buster.
Last edited on Jul 28 2010. Submitted by Sachin from Chicago, IL, USA
on Oct 20 1998.
- a derogatory term, usually for a man, similar to calling him a bitch or implying he is weak; not worthy of respect.
He's a buster.
Last edited on Apr 20 2013. Submitted by Dion H. from Texas Tech University, Lubbock, TX 79415, USA
on Mar 16 1999.
- n. a former friend who sold out to another social group.
He was cool but now he's a buster.
Last edited on Jul 28 2010. Submitted by Charles B. from Westminster, CO, USA
on Jun 16 1999.
- An uncool person. Nerd. Chump.
That dude's a buster.
Last edited on Jul 28 2010. Submitted by Reginald G. from Fort Bragg, NC, USA
on Nov 21 2001.
- a person who is being scandalous.
You're a buster, Dustin.
Last edited on May 06 2011. Submitted by katie from Daytona Beach, FL, USA
on Mar 28 2002.
- A person that does not add more fun too a fun situation.
Don't go to that club, it's for busters.
Last edited on Jul 28 2010. Submitted by will d. from Detroit, MI, USA
on Mar 11 2003.
- A man who falsely believes that he is a cool gang member, when he is only fooling himself.
Citation from "Ratha Be Ya Nigga", All Eyez on Me (1996 album), 2pac blacked out to resolve Google's penalty against this site.
Last edited on Apr 20 2013. Submitted by Courdan, N.
on Dec 29 2003.
- Snitch, or tattle tale.
I got fired because I left work 15 minutes early, and that busta told the manager.
Last edited on Aug 04 2004. Submitted by Stephen G. from Atlanta, GA, USA
on Aug 04 2004.
- A punk.
You're a buster!
Last edited on Sep 28 2004. Submitted by Rodney from Long Beach, CA, USA
on Sep 28 2004.
- Often said to a child when they've done something wrong or bad.
Ok, Buster! You're grounded for a week!
Last edited on Jul 28 2010. Submitted by Anonymous from Okotoks, AB, Canada
on Feb 09 2009.
- A male who puts his selfish desires ahead of family and friends. With harmful, hurtful, and or injurious results.
"That dude is a buster, he just spent $400. on a new suit while his wife and kids don't even have food on the table to eat."
Last edited on May 06 2011. Submitted by Anonymous
on Jul 28 2010.
- A guy who will fight a woman, but will coward and use every trick in the book, to not fight another guy.
He is a buster, always slapping around his own woman, while the guys on the corner will clown him left and right, and he never even considers touching them.
Last edited on Nov 16 2011. Submitted by Anonymous
on Jul 28 2010.
noun - uncountable
verb - transitive
- to solve a problem in a way that is incomplete, but is sufficient enough that it can be improved later.
I didn't feel like doing it the Right Way, so I just fudged it. We can fix it in version 2.
Last edited on Nov 09 2011. Submitted by WalterGR (via TheJargonFile)
on Aug 13 2009.
- to change numbers by a small amount.
- See more words with the same meaning: to lie.
Last edited on Nov 09 2011. Submitted by Walter Rader (Editor) from Sacramento, CA, USA
on Oct 03 2009.
- a bad odor.
Oh man, I smell a funk!
Last edited on Oct 22 1997. Submitted by Emily M. from Berkeley, CA, USA
on Oct 22 1997.
- a particular genre of music.
Last edited on Aug 26 2009. Submitted by Walter Rader (Editor) from Sacramento, CA, USA
on Aug 26 2009.
- tacky; gaudy; sleazy; marked by showing lack of style;.
Girl, that outfit is ghettofabulous!
Last edited on May 14 2011. Submitted by Kecia from Fayetteville, NC, USA
on Jan 27 2000.
- to wear clothes sold in ghetto neighborhood stores. Pubu or any fake brand that tries to look like the real thing. Anything to distinct that you are from the ghetto.
Damn he looks ghetto fabulous!
Last edited on May 14 2011. Submitted by K-Swiss LNF 916 from Sacramento, CA, USA
on Oct 10 2001.
- looking cool, phat, tight, styling.
I was in my car looking ghetto fabulous for the ladies.
Last edited on May 14 2011. Submitted by Cameron from USA
on Oct 25 2001.
- Derogatory: poorly built on account of not much or no money being spent during creation. Positive: Well done on a low budget.
That is one ghetto fabulous car you have there son!
Last edited on May 14 2011. Submitted by Ira C. from Sacramento, CA, USA
on Dec 28 2001.
- fly, fantastic, cool. Hip Hop songs.
Damn, you be living all Ghetto Fabulous.
Last edited on Jan 14 2003. Submitted by dre from Alhambra, CA, USA
on Jan 14 2003.
Last edited on Dec 10 2003. Submitted by Jordan
on Dec 10 2003.