To resolve Google's penalty
against this site
(still active after 440 days)
I've been forced to censor all 5,300 citations of slang use.
With the penalty in place, there's just no way to compete on a level playing field
with dictionaries that don't
have citations. Guys: I'm sorry.
Browsing page 1 of new words for March 11, 2003
verb - intransitive
- to smoke marijuana.
Let's get a dime bag so we can burn tonight.
Do you burn?
Last edited on Dec 15 2010. Submitted by Mostafa S. from Boston, MA, USA
on Feb 23 1999.
- to smoke a cigarette.
I'm gonna go burn.
Last edited on Dec 15 2010. Submitted by Sheena from PA, USA
on Feb 06 2000.
- to have a talent for cooking.
Man, your mother sure can burn!
Last edited on Dec 15 2010. Submitted by hawkeye c. from Harlem, New York, NY, USA
on Aug 20 2004.
- to have a sexually transmitted disease.
I heard James was burning.
Last edited on Dec 15 2010. Submitted by Key
on Mar 21 2006.
verb - transitive
- to smoke any substance.
Let's burn a joint.
Last edited on Dec 15 2010. Submitted by jesse from Hawaii, USA
on Feb 12 2000.
- to insult in a witty or impressive manner, often in front of a group of people.
You just got burned!
Last edited on Jul 19 2011. Submitted by Ace F. from Corpus Christi, TX, USA
on Dec 22 2001.
- to soundly defeat.
The competition got burned.
Last edited on Dec 15 2010. Submitted by Zach K. from Lexington, MA, USA
on Mar 11 2003.
- to fake-out someone in basketball.
You just got burned.
Last edited on Dec 15 2010. Submitted by Anonymous
on Aug 11 2004.
- to swindle, scam, or cheat.
Never play poker with Jim - you'll always get burned.
Last edited on Dec 15 2010. Submitted by Tony F. from Ann Arbor, MI, USA
on Feb 21 2005.
- to yell at.
He just got burned by his girlfriend.
Last edited on Dec 15 2010. Submitted by Danielle G. from Wisconsin, USA
on Jul 01 2005.
- to write data to optical media such as a CD or DVD.
Could you burn me a copy of that movie?
Last edited on Dec 15 2010. Submitted by Julie V. from Monterey, CA, USA
on Oct 24 2005.
- inexperienced. 2. a chump.
He can't rap - he's a busta rapper.
Person A: He's is a nice guy.
Person B: Naw, he a busta.
She a buster.
He's a buster.
Last edited on May 03 2013. Submitted by Sean F. from Detroit, MI, USA
on Nov 12 1998.
- someone who kills the "game." Keeps you from reaching a climax: a loser.
Don't be a busta.
Last edited on May 06 2011. Submitted by leyla
on Jan 27 2000.
- Folk etymology: It orginiated in the 90's after Boxer Buster Douglas surprizingly knocked out Mike Tyson who was considered the crowd favorite and most likely to win the fight.
To fans amazement Buster Douglas then became a most unexpected new world heavy weight champion. However Buster wouldn't hold the title long.
Last edited on Jul 12 2012. Submitted by The Last Don
on Aug 31 2011.
- A person who thinks that they are the shit.
That mug is a buster.
Last edited on Jul 28 2010. Submitted by Sachin from Chicago, IL, USA
on Oct 20 1998.
- a derogatory term, usually for a man, similar to calling him a bitch or implying he is weak; not worthy of respect.
He's a buster.
Last edited on Apr 20 2013. Submitted by Dion H. from Texas Tech University, Lubbock, TX 79415, USA
on Mar 16 1999.
- n. a former friend who sold out to another social group.
He was cool but now he's a buster.
Last edited on Jul 28 2010. Submitted by Charles B. from Westminster, CO, USA
on Jun 16 1999.
- An uncool person. Nerd. Chump.
That dude's a buster.
Last edited on Jul 28 2010. Submitted by Reginald G. from Fort Bragg, NC, USA
on Nov 21 2001.
- a person who is being scandalous.
You're a buster, Dustin.
Last edited on May 06 2011. Submitted by katie from Daytona Beach, FL, USA
on Mar 28 2002.
- A person that does not add more fun too a fun situation.
Don't go to that club, it's for busters.
Last edited on Jul 28 2010. Submitted by will d. from Detroit, MI, USA
on Mar 11 2003.
- A man who falsely believes that he is a cool gang member, when he is only fooling himself.
Citation from "Ratha Be Ya Nigga", All Eyez on Me (1996 album), 2pac blacked out to resolve Google's penalty against this site.
Last edited on Apr 20 2013. Submitted by Courdan, N.
on Dec 29 2003.
- Snitch, or tattle tale.
I got fired because I left work 15 minutes early, and that busta told the manager.
Last edited on Aug 04 2004. Submitted by Stephen G. from Atlanta, GA, USA
on Aug 04 2004.
- A punk.
You're a buster!
Last edited on Sep 28 2004. Submitted by Rodney from Long Beach, CA, USA
on Sep 28 2004.
- Often said to a child when they've done something wrong or bad.
Ok, Buster! You're grounded for a week!
Last edited on Jul 28 2010. Submitted by Anonymous from Okotoks, AB, Canada
on Feb 09 2009.
- A male who puts his selfish desires ahead of family and friends. With harmful, hurtful, and or injurious results.
"That dude is a buster, he just spent $400. on a new suit while his wife and kids don't even have food on the table to eat."
Last edited on May 06 2011. Submitted by Anonymous
on Jul 28 2010.
- A guy who will fight a woman, but will coward and use every trick in the book, to not fight another guy.
He is a buster, always slapping around his own woman, while the guys on the corner will clown him left and right, and he never even considers touching them.
Last edited on Nov 16 2011. Submitted by Anonymous
on Jul 28 2010.
- a $20 bag of marijuana.
Let's score a dub.
- See more words with the same meaning: marijuana.
Last edited on Apr 26 2011. Submitted by onstjohn from USA
on Mar 08 2002.
- 20 inch wheels / rims on a vehicle.
I bought a new truck with chrome dubs.
Did you see that fool rollin' on them dubs?
Last edited on Apr 26 2011. Submitted by Johnny ". from Columbia, SC, USA
on Jun 08 2002.
- worth $20. Usually in relation to drugs.
I need a dub sack.
- See more words with the same meaning: money.
Last edited on Apr 26 2011. Submitted by Tre C. from Phoenix, AZ, USA
on Mar 11 2003.
- a $20 bag of illegal drugs.
- See more words with the same meaning: drugs.
Last edited on Apr 26 2011. Submitted by Patrick S. from Kokomo, IN, USA
on Nov 14 2005.
- acronym for "dumb ugly bitch".
You're such a DUB.
Last edited on Apr 21 2013. Submitted by mjs from Tsujido, Fujisawa, Kanagawa Prefecture 251-0047, Japan
on Apr 23 2012.