Browsing page 18 of words meaning abbreviations (list of) (177 words total)
The location of this category within the thesaurus is shown on page 1 of this category.
The list of all slang words with this meaning is shown on page 1 of this category.
Full definitions of all the slang words listed above:
- short for "what's up?" as in "what's happening with you?" or "hello."
yo boyz wazzup?
Last edited on Dec 20 1999. Submitted by nathan from WI, USA
on Dec 20 1999.
- "What's up?".
Last edited on May 17 2011. Submitted by Rob from Woodridge, IL, USA
on May 02 2002.
- a greeting meaning "What's up?"
Last edited on Apr 01 2005. Submitted by meila f. from Curitiba - PR, Brazil
on Apr 01 2005.
- Short and sassy for "whatever." Used to denote sarcasm and/or a lack of seriousness about something.
He says it's really important. Whatev'.
Last edited on Jun 15 1998. Submitted by Lingua F. from New York, NY, USA
on Jun 15 1998.
- Used for almost anything anymore. (1) "I don't care," (2) "Yeah right! (sarcasm)" (3) Tacked at the end of a listing of things, like etc.
1) Speaker: Do you want to go uptown?
Response: (shrugs shoulders) "Whatev."
2) Huh? You want me to share this with you. Whatev!
3) Bring chips, cookies, pop; whatev.
Last edited on Feb 15 1999. Submitted by Leah A. from Ohio University, USA
on Feb 15 1999.
- abbreviation of "pizza."
Let's call Domino's and order up some za.
Citation from Snow Crash (novel), Neal Stephenson, 1992 blacked out to resolve Google's penalty against this site.
Last edited on Mar 17 2016. Submitted by Dan Saffer from Hoboken, NJ, USA
on Feb 12 1998.
- A short for of the word- pizza.
In the 1980s, in the USA, the people who were in the "preppie" subculture, who called themselves, "preppies", would call a pizza- a za, or some za.
Last edited on Sep 28 2016. Submitted by TRA
on Sep 28 2016.