Definition of booyah
- exclamation of happiness, being excited, or feeling overwhelmed.
- Exclamation of success, often with accompanying standard body action (virtical forarm, clenched fist, elbow at 90 degrees.. then pump down... BOOYAH!. got it?) Used all over. Made popular by the Simpsons.
You mean it worked? BOOYAH!
- an interjection used to express sudden joy or success, usually as a manner of boasting or asserting of one's dominance in a given situation.
- Expression meaning I told you so, or don't even go there. Can be followed by another slang term "talk to the hand!".
I told you that you were wrong... Booya!
- adjective. Usually said after getting the upper hand on someone, could be used in a sentence to warn a person that you may get the upper hand on them. Michael J. Fox, in and episode of Spin City says "booyah" after making a witty remark. Ali G says a variant of the word "booyakasha." Origin may go back further.
Don't make me booyah your ass.
- hell yeah, excellent.
I made the football team, boo yah!
- Exciting or intense. When used in reference to a woman, intensely sexually attractive (although not necessarily pretty in appearance).
That party is raging booyah!
- An exclamation used to denote victory, usually at the expense of another. An indication that you have taken the lead in a contest of one-upmanship.
|+||Add a definition for this slang term|
Slang terms with the same meaning
Slang terms with the same root words
None. How about some random words?
|Definitions include: acronym for "talk to me, babe."|
|Definitions include: a surfer wannabe.|
|Definitions include: prone to inappropriate touching with one's hands.|
|Definitions include: soda pop.|
|Definitions include: When you are on your way down to your hands and knees on the floor...sick.|
|Definitions include: Someone who isn't that smart or isn't nice.|
|Definitions include: coitus.|
|Definitions include: the truth.|
|Definitions include: Not long ago, at Disney World/Land you had to purchase a book of tickets to ride the carnival rides.|
|Definitions include: to put on one's makeup.|
|I use it||(77)|
|No longer use it||(8)|
|Heard it but never used it||(54)|
|Have never heard it||(14)|
Average of 65 votes: 20% (See the most vulgar words.)
Your vote: None (To vote, click the pepper. Vote how vulgar the word is – not how mean it is.)
To link to this term in a web page or blog, insert the following.
To link to this term in a wiki such as Wikipedia, insert the following.
Some wikis use a different format for links, so be sure to check the documentation.