To resolve Google's penalty
against this site
(still active after 437 days)
I've been forced to censor all 5,300 citations of slang use.
With the penalty in place, there's just no way to compete on a level playing field
with dictionaries that don't
have citations. Guys: I'm sorry.
Browsing page 1 of new words for September 19, 2004
- shoplifting beer by grab and run tactics.
Elmo was making a beer run when he tripped and fell.This definition is questionable and is pending deletion. It will be saved from deletion if legitimate citations are found.
Last edited on Dec 16 2011. Submitted by David C.
on Sep 19 2004.
- a visit to a store to get more alcohol.
I'm gonna make a beer run. Anybody need anything?
Citation from "Stuck Together, Torn Apart", Family Guy (TV), Season 3 Episode 19 (2002) blacked out to resolve Google's penalty against this site.
Last edited on Dec 16 2011. Submitted by Walter Rader (Editor) from Sacramento, CA, USA
on Aug 02 2009.
- exclamation of happiness, being excited, or feeling overwhelmed.
Last edited on May 06 2011. Submitted by nenad from Canada
on Sep 05 1998.
- Exclamation of success, often with accompanying standard body action (virtical forarm, clenched fist, elbow at 90 degrees.. then pump down... BOOYAH!. got it?) Used all over. Made popular by the Simpsons.
You mean it worked? BOOYAH!
Last edited on Jan 10 2000. Submitted by Noah B. from Vancouver, BC, Canada
on Jan 10 2000.
- an interjection used to express sudden joy or success, usually as a manner of boasting or asserting of one's dominance in a given situation.
Last edited on Mar 05 2000. Submitted by Jeff Y. from Merchantville, NJ, USA
on Mar 05 2000.
- Expression meaning I told you so, or don't even go there. Can be followed by another slang term "talk to the hand!".
I told you that you were wrong... Booya!
Last edited on Feb 22 2002. Submitted by Monica M. from San Francisco, CA, USA
on Feb 22 2002.
- adjective. Usually said after getting the upper hand on someone, could be used in a sentence to warn a person that you may get the upper hand on them. Michael J. Fox, in and episode of Spin City says "booyah" after making a witty remark. Ali G says a variant of the word "booyakasha." Origin may go back further.
Don't make me booyah your ass.
Last edited on Aug 23 2002. Submitted by Van L. from Sydney, NSW, Australia
on Aug 23 2002.
- hell yeah, excellent.
I made the football team, boo yah!
Last edited on Sep 18 2002. Submitted by matt o'connell from Abington, PA, USA
on Sep 18 2002.
- Exciting or intense. When used in reference to a woman, intensely sexually attractive (although not necessarily pretty in appearance).
That party is raging booyah!
Last edited on Oct 24 2002. Submitted by Nick L. from Charlottesville, VA, USA
on Oct 24 2002.
- An exclamation used to denote victory, usually at the expense of another. An indication that you have taken the lead in a contest of one-upmanship.
Last edited on Jan 23 2003. Submitted by Steven V. from Thornton, CO, USA
on Jan 23 2003.
- girls' underwear; "panties".
Have you seen my chonies anywhere?
Last edited on May 13 2011. Submitted by Carrie from Mesa, AZ, USA
on Dec 05 2001.
- underwear or panties.
Last edited on Aug 10 2004. Submitted by sandra a. from San Jose, CA, USA
on Aug 10 2004.
- underpants, panties. From Mexican Spanish "chonis", a slang diminutive of "calzones" - underpants. Informal usage among Hispanic women, word rarely used by men except deprecatingly.
Last edited on May 13 2011. Submitted by David C.
on Sep 19 2004.