To resolve Google's penalty
against this site
(still active after 437 days)
I've been forced to censor all 5,300 citations of slang use.
With the penalty in place, there's just no way to compete on a level playing field
with dictionaries that don't
have citations. Guys: I'm sorry.
Browsing page 1 of new words for August 23, 2002
- exclamation of happiness, being excited, or feeling overwhelmed.
Last edited on May 06 2011. Submitted by nenad from Canada
on Sep 05 1998.
- Exclamation of success, often with accompanying standard body action (virtical forarm, clenched fist, elbow at 90 degrees.. then pump down... BOOYAH!. got it?) Used all over. Made popular by the Simpsons.
You mean it worked? BOOYAH!
Last edited on Jan 10 2000. Submitted by Noah B. from Vancouver, BC, Canada
on Jan 10 2000.
- an interjection used to express sudden joy or success, usually as a manner of boasting or asserting of one's dominance in a given situation.
Last edited on Mar 05 2000. Submitted by Jeff Y. from Merchantville, NJ, USA
on Mar 05 2000.
- Expression meaning I told you so, or don't even go there. Can be followed by another slang term "talk to the hand!".
I told you that you were wrong... Booya!
Last edited on Feb 22 2002. Submitted by Monica M. from San Francisco, CA, USA
on Feb 22 2002.
- adjective. Usually said after getting the upper hand on someone, could be used in a sentence to warn a person that you may get the upper hand on them. Michael J. Fox, in and episode of Spin City says "booyah" after making a witty remark. Ali G says a variant of the word "booyakasha." Origin may go back further.
Don't make me booyah your ass.
Last edited on Aug 23 2002. Submitted by Van L. from Sydney, NSW, Australia
on Aug 23 2002.
- hell yeah, excellent.
I made the football team, boo yah!
Last edited on Sep 18 2002. Submitted by matt o'connell from Abington, PA, USA
on Sep 18 2002.
- Exciting or intense. When used in reference to a woman, intensely sexually attractive (although not necessarily pretty in appearance).
That party is raging booyah!
Last edited on Oct 24 2002. Submitted by Nick L. from Charlottesville, VA, USA
on Oct 24 2002.
- An exclamation used to denote victory, usually at the expense of another. An indication that you have taken the lead in a contest of one-upmanship.
Last edited on Jan 23 2003. Submitted by Steven V. from Thornton, CO, USA
on Jan 23 2003.
- To have an urgent need to defecate. Adapted from the same use of the word as it applies to childbirth.
Dude! I gotta get to the bathroom. I'm crowning.
Last edited on Jun 23 1998. Submitted by James L. from Wichita, KS, USA
on Jun 23 1998.
- To get lucky or come across a good deal.
I crowned a fat sack of buds.
Last edited on Aug 23 2002. Submitted by Javier L. from Miami, FL, USA
on Aug 23 2002.
- Having to urgently defecate. From obstetrical term to describe a baby's position just prior to it entering the vagina, where all that the deliverer can see, when looking up into the vagina, is the top (crown) of the baby's head. You can use your imagination to correlate how this term relates.
George, get me to a toilet quickly, I am crowning.
Last edited on May 13 2011. Submitted by Jeff R. from Wetumpka, AL, USA
on Jan 24 2003.
- trying to hold in your poop as it tries to pop out
Last edited on Jun 08 2006. Submitted by mike j.
on Jun 08 2006.
noun - uncountable
- A Female who dates more than one guy, not necessarily for sex, but to have a good time when her "regular" man isn't available. (good connotation) 2. A female who is a slut, but thinks she has all of the men (bad connotation).
Ah yeah, you know I'm a playarette!
Last edited on May 16 2011. Submitted by Jen A. from Spokane, WA, USA
on Aug 23 2002.
- a female you is going out with a number of guys at the same time. (same as player but opposite sex).
That girl is a playarette.
Last edited on Sep 20 2002. Submitted by trish
on Sep 20 2002.