You may have seen in the news that Google is researching methods to censor the web.
Google's censorship is nothing new: they've been censoring this site for nearly 7 years.
And lying about it. You can read
more about Google's censorship here
Browsing page 77 of words meaning people, friends, and family (1,202 words total)
The location of this category within the thesaurus is shown on page 1 of this category.
The list of all slang words with this meaning is shown on page 1 of this category.
Full definitions of all the slang words listed above:
- a pubic wig.
Are you wearing a merkin?
Citation from "Ready, Willing, and Disabled", Family Guy (TV), Season 3 Episode 15 (2001) censored in hope of resolving Google's penalty against this site.
Last edited on Oct 28 2011. Submitted by Henry K. from Chicago, IL, USA
on Feb 19 1998.
- an American. Derogatory, due to the "pubic wig" sense of the term.
You're proud to be a merkin?
Last edited on May 07 2013. Submitted by Emily M. from UC Berkeley, Berkeley, CA, USA
on Jan 22 1999.
- acronym for "mother-in-law".
We went to visit my MIL this weekend.
Last edited on Mar 01 2013. Submitted by Nina C. from Nashville, TN, USA
on Feb 16 2000.
- "million". Especially millions of units of some currency.
He's raking in about 3 mil USD a year.
- See more words with the same meaning: money.
- See more words with the same meaning: numbers.
Last edited on Mar 01 2013. Submitted by Walter Rader (Editor) from Sacramento, CA, USA
on Mar 01 2013.
- an unattractive female.
Citation from "Episode 5", Little Britain (TV, 2004), Season 2 Episode 5 censored in hope of resolving Google's penalty against this site.
Last edited on Dec 16 2010. Submitted by Evil Fish from Outer Cir, Greater London, NW1 4, UK
on Mar 19 1998.
- adjective "ming" can be applied to anything that is deemed foul or unpleasant. e.g. "That pizza is ming" English, native to London.
Last edited on May 16 2011. Submitted by Stephen M. from Surrey, ND, USA
on Jun 16 1999.
- an extremely ugly or unattractive person.
I'm not going out with him. He's a minger. mingin'
Last edited on May 31 2004. Submitted by Matthew R. from Blackpool, United Kingdom
on May 31 2004.
- someone who is unpleasant or disgusting. Origin: from the Scottish dialect word 'ming', meaning excrement
That bloke is such a minger!
Last edited on Feb 13 2006. Submitted by Robbie G. from Stroud, Hampshire, UK
on Feb 13 2006.
- Someone who smells
Last edited on Mar 17 2006. Submitted by NATASHA B.
on Mar 17 2006.
- a woman (or gay man) who is so attractive, well-groomed, hip and confident as to seem utterly unassailable to critics. Used ironically - in opprobrium - it suggests that the target has let these qualities go to her head, and now is appearing aloof or arrogant. Usually pronounced "Miss Thang." Possibly emanating from the Black subculture in the Disco 1970's, spreading to the gay subculture and mainstream in the 1980's and 1990's.
Yo, Miss Thang, you thank you all dat, huh?
Last edited on Jun 07 2013. Submitted by david l. from Boerne, TX, USA
on Jun 11 2002.
- Originally a gay term, "Miss Thing" refers to a person who is being, demanding, presumptuous, or pretentious.
Ooh, Miss Thing wants us all to bow down to her.
Last edited on Apr 19 2006. Submitted by Christopher M. from Chicago, IL, USA
on Apr 19 2006.