You may have seen in the news that Google is researching methods to censor the web.
Google's censorship is nothing new: they've been censoring this site for nearly 7 years.
And lying about it. You can read
more about Google's censorship here
Browsing page 11 of words meaning British, UK slang (list of) (193 words total)
The location of this category within the thesaurus is shown on page 1 of this category.
The list of all slang words with this meaning is shown on page 1 of this category.
Full definitions of all the slang words listed above:
- The same as ditto (British).
Last edited on Nov 11 1997. Submitted by Jamie Y. from Kitts Hill, OH, USA
on Nov 11 1997.
- stop, stop it
Last edited on Oct 17 2009. Submitted by Anonymous
on Oct 17 2009.
- great; amazing. Shortened form of luscious.
I loved that movie, it was lush.
Citation from "Episode 3", Little Britain (TV, 2004), Season 2 Episode 3 censored in hope of resolving Google's penalty against this site.
You are a lush.
Last edited on Apr 13 2013. Submitted by Lissa J. from Mid W, Apache Junction, AZ 85220, USA
on Jan 22 2000.
- high quality, luxurious. (British slang.)
That Louis Vuitton purse is lush!
Your body is lush.
Last edited on May 06 2013. Submitted by Sue
on Jul 30 2008.
- British term for vehicles produced by Mercedes-Benz, not used in US due to confusion with Ford division Mercury.
I just totaled my Merc.
Last edited on May 16 2011. Submitted by TurbyneGTX from Boston, MA, USA
on Jan 19 2002.
- Verb meaning to kill or murder.
He got Merc'd.
Last edited on Jun 11 2002. Submitted by Raistlin M. from Chicago, IL, USA
on Jun 11 2002.
- to kill someone
Let's merc this guy.
Last edited on Sep 14 2004. Submitted by Anonymous
on Sep 14 2004.
- to leave.
Let's merc out this joint.
Last edited on May 16 2011. Submitted by Anonymous
on Sep 14 2004.
- a very unattractive person.
Shes a munter straight from muntervillle!
Last edited on May 10 2002. Submitted by Emily S. from Droxford, Hampshire, UK
on May 10 2002.
- a very unattractive female. Origin: British.
Last edited on Jun 17 2003. Submitted by Dylan H. from Oxford, Oxfordshire, UK
on Jun 17 2003.
- an ugly person.
I'd kiss a munter like that, I'm not fussy.
Last edited on May 16 2011. Submitted by Matthew R. from Blackpool, United Kingdom
on May 31 2004.
- an unattractive person.
She's a bit of a munter.
Last edited on Sep 09 2005. Submitted by Phil H. from Cambridgeshire, UK
on Sep 09 2005.
- an unattractive, unintelligent male. A male "minger".
Last edited on May 16 2011. Submitted by Celia
on Nov 16 2005.
- really bad, unfashionable, or of very low quality.
That song's naff.
I'm not interested in that naff stuff.
Last edited on May 31 2004. Submitted by Matthew R. from Blackpool, United Kingdom
on May 31 2004.
- rubbish, of poor quality. Origin: popularized by British sitcom Porridge.
What a naff sweater!
Last edited on Feb 13 2006. Submitted by Robbie G. from Stroud, Hampshire, UK
on Feb 13 2006.
- acronym for "not available for fucking". That is, a heterosexual who is uninterested in homosexual sex.
Last edited on Jun 07 2016. Submitted by Anonymous
on Jun 07 2016.