Browsing page 2 of words meaning fights, conflict (non-physical) (286 words total)
The location of this category within the thesaurus is shown on page 1 of this category.
The list of all slang words with this meaning is shown on page 1 of this category.
Full definitions of all the slang words listed above:
- buttocks. Most uses of ass apply to arse, e.g. arsehole (asshole); dumb arse (dumb ass); etc. Origin: UK.
Stick it up your arse!
You can kick his arse.
That bloke is a right arsehole.
My boyfriend loves it in the arse.
Last edited on Apr 26 2013. Submitted by Wendy from Purley, Greater London, UK
on Oct 22 1999.
She's always terrible to have around, always being an arse.
Last edited on May 31 2004. Submitted by Matthew R. from Blackpool, United Kingdom
on May 31 2004.
- something incorrect, broken; MESSED UP.
I made an arse of that.
Last edited on Oct 05 2006. Submitted by Brian B. from Ireland
on Oct 05 2006.
- when combined with an adjective, a person who that adjective strongly applies to.
Citation from "Episode 5", Whites (TV), Season 1 Episode 5 (2010) censored in hope of resolving Google's penalty against this site.
Last edited on Oct 15 2011. Submitted by Walter Rader (Editor) from Sacramento, CA, USA
on Oct 15 2011.
- to make something like ass. For example, making something "smell like ass."
He assed up the room.
Last edited on Feb 26 1999. Submitted by Ratmotor from Pomona, CA, USA
on Feb 26 1999.
- to mess up.
I think we assed up the acquisition.
Last edited on Jun 12 2008. Submitted by Adrienne H.
on Jun 12 2008.
- strange, stupid; "weird".
Don't worry about Eric, he's just ate up.
Last edited on Jun 05 2013. Submitted by Pekka Pennanen from Finland
on Jun 21 1997.
- not "squared away" (i.e. not organized or prepared: a mess.) If someone does something poorly, they're "ate up." Origin: the United States military. In the example phrase, "soup sandwich" is an example of something messy. Note: eight up may be the correct spelling.
You're all ate up like a soup sandwich!
- See more words with the same meaning: a mess.
Last edited on Mar 26 1998. Submitted by Nate Marx from Manassas, VA, USA
on Mar 26 1998.
- burnt out or exhausted from the use of illegal drugs, usually Ecstasy (MDMA).
He's really ate up from the rave last night.
Last edited on Apr 17 1998. Submitted by Maestro from Newark, DE, USA
on Apr 17 1998.
- outdone or outperformed in a contest, such as a sporting event.
Man, you got ate up by that move.
Last edited on Dec 22 1999. Submitted by Kevin Kronfeld from Cedar Rapids, IA, USA
on Dec 22 1999.
- crazy; insane.
Last edited on Mar 12 2002. Submitted by tiffany from Anderson, IN, USA
on Mar 12 2002.
- interested, to the point of near obsession.
He's ate up about the military.
Last edited on Jul 24 2007. Submitted by Anonymous
on Jul 24 2007.
- to be consumed with an incurable illness.
Mabel is ate up with the cancer.
- See more words with the same meaning: sick, ill.
Last edited on Nov 21 2008. Submitted by G. R.
on Nov 21 2008.
- a disappointing event. Can be used in condolences.
That was a bad beat.
Last edited on Jun 05 2002. Submitted by t8kthdog from USA
on Jun 05 2002.
- in poker, the loss of a good hand to a lucky hand.
I had three of kind, but took a bad beat when the last card came and he made his inside straight.
Last edited on May 01 2004. Submitted by Robert B. from St Louis, MO, USA
on May 01 2004.
- an action that is likely to be harmful in a "karmic" way. In other words, a harmful action that may bring about the same action on oneself.
Gossiping about the boss can be bad juju.
Last edited on Sep 21 2010. Submitted by Carrie S. from San Diego, CA, USA
on Feb 03 2000.
- bad energy.
Citation from John Doe (TV program), season 1 episode 14, Ashes to Ashes censored in hope of resolving Google's penalty against this site.
Last edited on Sep 21 2010. Submitted by Walter Rader (Editor) from Sacramento, CA, USA
on Sep 21 2009.