Browsing page 23 of words meaning fights, conflict (non-physical) (286 words total)
The location of this category within the thesaurus is shown on page 1 of this category.
The list of all slang words with this meaning is shown on page 1 of this category.
Full definitions of all the slang words listed above:
verb - transitive
- mean or disrespectful.
Hey! You don't have to be so salty!
I like my ladies salty.
Last edited on May 09 2013. Submitted by Nicole from AR, USA
on Jul 21 1998.
- embarrassed because of one's own doing, especially when one makes a claim that turns out to be wrong.
Man, he was feeling salty!
Yeah he's salty cause he sure ain't like pepper. Hot.
Last edited on Mar 24 2020. Submitted by Miranda from OH, USA
on Jun 09 1999.
- angry, irritated, grouchy.
I'm salty because we lost the basketball game.
Stay away from Amy, she's really salty today.
He was salty when he found out he had to work Saturday night.
I woke up feeling salty this morning after a bad dream about my ex.
Last edited on May 07 2013. Submitted by JD from Baltimore, MD, USA
on Nov 08 1999.
She's still salty because I didn't call her last night.
Last edited on Feb 28 2000. Submitted by Anonymous from Chicago, IL, USA
on Feb 28 2000.
Damn that's salty!
Last edited on Aug 27 2002. Submitted by J from Cincinnati, OH, USA
on Aug 27 2002.
- corny or childish.
That was the saltiest joke I've heard in a long time.
- See more words with the same meaning: corny.
Last edited on Jul 04 2014. Submitted by Kellaman, D. from MI, USA
on May 01 2004.
verb - transitive
- to be shown up badly during a competitive activity that requires some skill (tennis, darts, shooting pool, football, etc.) You have been "taken to school." You were taught how to do it, and got beaten badly in the process.
I got schooled playing tennis today.
Last edited on Jun 12 2013. Submitted by Mike K. from Temple City, CA, USA
on Nov 04 1997.
- to tell a person about; to try and teach or educate a person about.
Don't try to school me on music - I know all about it.
Does he know I'm studying to be a mathematician? He was trying to school me on math yesterday.
Last edited on May 11 2013. Submitted by Amanda F. from Dayton, OH, USA
on Dec 30 1999.
- to win at something by a large margin.
Man, I really schooled your ass in paintball yesterday!
Last edited on Jun 12 2013. Submitted by Derrick P. from Edmonton, AB, Canada
on Dec 16 2001.
- to defeat someone by a large margin.
I schooled you, man!
Last edited on Jun 12 2013. Submitted by Gordon M. from Vashon, WA, USA
on Feb 24 2003.
- to make an irreparable (possibly tragic) mistake. Originated in the US Air Force.
Well, Jim, we lost the account. Looks like you really screwed the pooch on this one.
Obama really screwed the pooch with his debate performance.
Citation from "Pilot", Eureka (TV), Season 1 Episode 1 censored in hope of resolving Google's penalty against this site.
Citation from "School Lies", American Dad (TV), Season 6 Episode 14 (2011) censored in hope of resolving Google's penalty against this site.
Last edited on Oct 10 2012. Submitted by kim c. from Janesville, IL 62435, USA
on Feb 18 1999.
- to fail completely. Originated in the US Air Force.
Q: How did you do on the exam?
A: I totally screwed the pooch.
Oh man! You just screwed the pooch!
Last edited on Apr 19 2013. Submitted by Steve O. from Austin, TX, USA
on Jan 17 2003.
- to waste time; "mess around".
Quit screwing the pooch and come help me.
Last edited on Jan 04 2011. Submitted by Andrew G. from Spokane, WA, USA
on Jul 19 2003.
- to die.
I heard from Fred that old Barney screwed the pooch.
- See more words with the same meaning: to die.
Last edited on Mar 08 2010. Submitted by Kenn C. from Emmaus, PA, USA
on Jan 18 2006.