You may have seen in the news that Google is researching methods to censor the web.
Google's censorship is nothing new: they've been censoring this site for nearly 7 years.
And lying about it. You can read
more about Google's censorship here
Browsing page 25 of "D" words
- to make or get something. Possibly originated in reference to ordering a pizza by telephone, etc. Popularized by using the internet, as in "dial-up a website." Now has become a more universal term.
I'm gonna dial-up a cocktail.
Last edited on Nov 17 2013. Submitted by Jesse from Whitehorse, YT, Canada
on Oct 18 2001.
Hurry up honey, you're being so dial up.
Last edited on Sep 22 2005. Submitted by Linda S. from PA, USA
on Sep 22 2005.
noun - uncountable
- Calling dibs on something entitles you to its usage. Usually used in large groups of people where common objects (chairs, food, etc.) could become under dispute.
Dibs on the recliner!
I got dibs on that toy.
Last edited on Apr 19 2013. Submitted by Sean K.
on Mar 03 2002.
- to claim as yours, like call.
I've got dibs on the front seat!
Last edited on Sep 24 2002. Submitted by Johnna from Stockton, CA, USA
on Sep 24 2002.
- to claim or lay rights to.
I have dibs on the cute one.
Last edited on Feb 04 2003. Submitted by Michelle M. from Amarillo, TX, USA
on Feb 04 2003.
- claiming ownership or control.
I've got dibs on the red Popsicle.
Last edited on May 13 2011. Submitted by Anonymous
on Jun 15 2005.
- rights to.
I've got dibs on that last beer.
Last edited on Dec 06 2005. Submitted by Tom B. from Virginia Beach, VA, USA
on Dec 06 2005.