You may have seen in the news that Google is researching methods to censor the web.
Google's censorship is nothing new: they've been censoring this site for nearly 7 years.
And lying about it. You can read
more about Google's censorship here
Browsing page 10 of "O" words
- Mormon slang term replacing the slang term, Oh Hell. Origin, Utah.
Oh my heck, I can't believe they just did that.
Last edited on Jan 17 2002. Submitted by Phillip B. from Simpsonville, SC, USA
on Jan 17 2002.
- exclamation, used to express anything from surprise to anger to exasperation. Basically a milder version of "oh my god", combined with a milder version of "hell." Mostly heard in Utah from English-speaking members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Later-day Saints ("Mormons").
Oh my heck, look at what that kid's doing.
Last edited on May 16 2011. Submitted by Stephanie Z. from Salt Lake City, UT, USA
on Sep 17 2002.
- the handle in a car that one holds on to or hangs clothing from. Also "oh shit" handle.
He hit the curb pretty fast, so I grabbed on to the oh shit bar.
Last edited on May 16 2011. Submitted by The M. from Miami, FL, USA
on Feb 06 2003.
- This is the bar/handle that is located above a passenger's seat to be grabbed onto as a means of stability when the car is turning too fast. Hence, when someone is going to fast, passengers may feel scared and/or say "Oh shit."
He took the turn so fast I had to grab the oh-shit-bar.
Last edited on May 16 2011. Submitted by Carrie from Isla Vista, CA, USA
on Feb 25 2003.
- oh shoot, oh no. said when one realizes something they forgot.
Last edited on Jan 06 2000. Submitted by J from NJ, USA
on Jan 06 2000.
- Shit. To stop little kids from using the word Shit.
Oh snap! That shiznitz is hot!
Last edited on May 16 2011. Submitted by Kevin S.
on Dec 06 2002.
- Oi or oy has many meanings/origins. In Britain, it's like "Hey!", usually in a negative situation when you are angrily trying to get someone's attention, or when you're indicating you're offended by something someone just said. In Yiddish, it's like a lament. "Oi, this sucks." In music, usually ska, it's a kind of chant that people do. "Oi, Oi, Oi, Oi!" I have also heard that to some people this can be considered some sort of racist remark, though I don't know to what people this supposedly refers or who supposedly uses it.
Oi, this sucks.
Citation from "Funhouse", Lie To Me (TV), Season 3 Episode 9 (2011) censored in hope of resolving Google's penalty against this site.
Citation from "Beyond Belief", Lie To Me (TV), Season 3 Episode 6 (2010) censored in hope of resolving Google's penalty against this site.
Citation from "Episode 4", Misfits (TV), Season 1 Episode 4 (2009) censored in hope of resolving Google's penalty against this site.
Last edited on Dec 06 2012. Submitted by Emily M. from UC Berkeley, Berkeley, CA, USA
on Jan 13 1998.