You may have seen in the news that Google is researching methods to censor the web.
Google's censorship is nothing new: they've been censoring this site for nearly 7 years.
And lying about it. You can read
more about Google's censorship here
Browsing page 2 of words meaning emotions, conditions, and feelings (482 words total)
The location of this category within the thesaurus is shown on page 1 of this category.
The list of all slang words with this meaning is shown on page 1 of this category.
Full definitions of all the slang words listed above:
- "cool"; "awesome"; "sweet".
Dude, his new skateboard is so amped!
Last edited on Apr 28 2011. Submitted by Mike C. from Lewisburg, PA, USA
on Jan 12 2002.
- excited; enthusiastic.
Dude, I'm so amped that the concert is this weekend!
It's been a rough week but we're going skiing Saturday, I am so amped!
I feel so amped!
Last edited on Jun 21 2018. Submitted by SingedCat from Portland, ME, USA
on Apr 30 2002.
- the quality of something that excites, is exciting, or is energetic.
That club is amped!
Last edited on Sep 06 2002. Submitted by Mark Ashby from Oklahoma City, OK, USA
on Sep 06 2002.
- angry or upset.
Damn, he was amped!
Last edited on Dec 03 2002. Submitted by Dave Z. from Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA
on Dec 03 2002.
- under the influence of stimulants, e.g. cocaine or methamphetamines.
Dude, I'm totally amped right now.
Last edited on Sep 30 2005. Submitted by Chris H. from Los Angeles, CA, USA
on Sep 30 2005.
- in an irreparably bad situation; "out of luck"; "screwed".
I'm afraid that you're just ass out.
Last edited on Oct 13 2011. Submitted by Demetrius Scruggs from FL, USA
on Dec 22 1997.
- without money; BROKE.
I can't go to the show tonight, I'm ass out.
Last edited on Dec 22 1997. Submitted by Demetrius Scruggs from FL, USA
on Dec 22 1997.
- to make a fool of oneself while under the influence of a substance, usually liquor.
Oh, man, last night I assed out!
Last edited on Feb 20 1998. Submitted by Emily from UC Berkeley, Berkeley, CA, USA
on Feb 20 1998.
- to not attend a social gathering after already agreeing; TO FLAKE.
Everyone knows she's gonna ass out tonight.
Last edited on Jun 11 2002. Submitted by Miss J. from Queens, NY, USA
on Jun 11 2002.
- to be prevented access to a location because others are engaging in sexual congress within.
I had to sleep in the lounge because I got assed out of my dorm room.
Last edited on Jul 24 2007. Submitted by Anonymous from Sacramento, CA, USA
on Jul 24 2007.
- strange, stupid; "weird".
Don't worry about Eric, he's just ate up.
Last edited on Jun 05 2013. Submitted by Pekka Pennanen from Finland
on Jun 21 1997.
- not "squared away" (i.e. not organized or prepared: a mess.) If someone does something poorly, they're "ate up." Origin: the United States military. In the example phrase, "soup sandwich" is an example of something messy. Note: eight up may be the correct spelling.
You're all ate up like a soup sandwich!
- See more words with the same meaning: a mess.
Last edited on Mar 26 1998. Submitted by Nate Marx from Manassas, VA, USA
on Mar 26 1998.
- burnt out or exhausted from the use of illegal drugs, usually Ecstasy (MDMA).
He's really ate up from the rave last night.
Last edited on Apr 17 1998. Submitted by Maestro from Newark, DE, USA
on Apr 17 1998.
- outdone or outperformed in a contest, such as a sporting event.
Man, you got ate up by that move.
Last edited on Dec 22 1999. Submitted by Kevin Kronfeld from Cedar Rapids, IA, USA
on Dec 22 1999.
- crazy; insane.
Last edited on Mar 12 2002. Submitted by tiffany from Anderson, IN, USA
on Mar 12 2002.
- interested, to the point of near obsession.
He's ate up about the military.
Last edited on Jul 24 2007. Submitted by Anonymous
on Jul 24 2007.
- to be consumed with an incurable illness.
Mabel is ate up with the cancer.
- See more words with the same meaning: sick, ill.
Last edited on Nov 21 2008. Submitted by G. R.
on Nov 21 2008.